Veolia Water Technologies, Inc. (VWT) is an industry leader in providing water and wastewater technology to industrial and municipal customers. Veolia Water Technologies is seeking a Project Manager located in our Cary, NC office. This position will lead the effort on design build or equipment supply integrated projects. The Project Manager manages the flow of information between internal team members, external team members and clients. This role requires frequent and efficient communication between many departments based on the needs of a project.
Responsible for leading the organization's efforts on projects from handoff from sale, through project execution, commissioning, and ending with the expiration of warranty. Provide input and assistance to the sales team during the tender phase. Must plan, communicate, coordinate resources, and promote internal and external interfacing from project initiation until closeout. Projects include municipal and/or industrial water and wastewater projects ranging in scope from equipment supply to design build and/or solutions efforts on small to medium scale projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs all aspects of execution including engineering, procurement, project controls, construction and start-up.
- Corresponds directly with the client on process, scope, and equipment to further the project.
- Communicates project resources, deliverables, and goals/objectives to project team.
- Manages and plans resources pertaining to a project.
- Consults with management on key decisions affecting budget, scope, and schedule.
- Maintains a good relationship with the customer, engineer, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Negotiate with suppliers and customers through Procurement and Sales.
- Delegates tasks in line with project needs and deadlines.
- Provides monthly reports covering status, cost vs. budget, percentage complete, etc.
- Communicates a working understanding of design, construction, and/ or operations of technologies/project offerings.
- Evaluates internal and external contracts and interpret language.
- Responsible for preparing all internal costing, tax, legal, and risk assessment documentation and obtain approvals.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- Up to five years of experience is required for this position in the field of project engineering and management.
- A Bachelor's Degree is mandatory to be able to perform the functions of this job
- A Master's Degree preferred in an engineering discipline.
- A Professional Engineer's License (PE) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired.
- Must have excellent written communication skills as the employee will be required to communicate through letters, internal memoranda, published works, written reports and proposals.
- The successful candidate will have experience assigning work to others.
- Must plan projects on a regular basis. This entails not only planning one's own work, but scheduling the work of other project team members. Will have responsibility for the ultimate success or failure of a project and therefore must plan accordingly to assure a timely and cost effective finish.
- Assignments are received by the employee with timeframes, results expected, and standard procedures already known. The employee must use independent judgment at times to make sure the project stays on pace in regards to schedule, quality, and budget.
- In order to make decisions and solve problems the successful candidate will have to analyze and examine varying types of information including project progress from others on the project team, the employee's own findings, and data from the worksite.
- Duties for this position vary from the common to the uncommon. Common tasks are often completed by following proven processes and procedures. Uncommon tasks may require the employee to use methods that are outside of the standard technique or to contact a supervisor for assistance.
- Decisions made have the ability to affect company-wide operations and therefore must be made soundly and correctly.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.