Marsh is the industry leader in helping companies create dynamic solutions that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are searching for a Project Manager, for the New York City, New York or Hoboken, New Jersey locations
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- This position is for a productive individual contributor with experience in Project Management, who works independently with minimal supervision, managing small / moderately complex projects or pieces of a larger project end-to-end to deliver business outcomes, ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget, and to a high level of client satisfaction
- As our Project Managers are assigned to programs and projects across Marsh (in several areas and with varying scope and complexity), this role gives candidates the opportunity to learn about various functions within the company and work with different business leaders and colleagues
- To study and proactively seek knowledge/information on: (1) Marsh's strategy and key business goals, (2) The Marsh program/project governance process, (3) Marsh PM tools, applications and best practices, (4) Marsh business and technology operations
- Dynamic, respectful culture and flexibility
We will count on you to:
- Applying your unique solutions to the evolving needs of our colleagues and clients
- Opportunity to engage with other areas of Marsh business to understand the services and functions Marsh delivers to clients
- Competitive pay, generous benefits, employer matching and contribution to 401k
- Generous paid time off, sick time, volunteer day per year and company paid holidays
- Coaching and guidance from senior project/program managers to grow your skills and experience
What you need to have:
- Implement appropriate project governance and manage all project stakeholders and team members in the successful delivery of the project
- Develop and maintain detailed, robust, high-quality project plans to manage the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects (e.g. resources, scope, schedule, cost, assumptions, dependencies)
- Manage work-streams, prepare status reports and interface with stakeholders to ensure execution aligns with defined objectives, interface and communicate effectively with project teams, functional teams and business leaders to ensure progress within time and budget constraints
- Ensures comprehensive scope document is in place at the start of the project, and continuously reviews the scope document as the project progresses and manages changes of scope effectively
- Facilitate and identify/elicit risks and mitigation plans, ensure risks and issues are tracked and managed effectively and escalate as needed to program and business leaders
- Recommend corrective actions on projects as needed, holds teams and individuals accountable for meeting timelines and milestones
- Ensures Lessons Learned on projects are shared with colleagues and recommendations are implemented
- Facilitate development of comprehensive Implementation and Benefits realization plans to ensure successful delivery and adoption of key changes
- Manage meetings productively and recap/track discussions and actions
- Utilize personal style to influence and manage conflicting opinions
What makes you stand out:
- University Degree, e.g. BA, BS
- 3 plus Years of Project Management Experience
- Ability to manage one or multiple projects, across varying business and functional units
- Capable of leading meetings with various cross-functional teams
- Effective communication skills with Project Leaders and teams
- Experience creating and maintaining detailed Project Plans
- Knowledgeable in MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Project Management Methodology Certification a plus
- Knowledge of/experience with Agile methodology a plus
- Reasonable understanding of Operations and Insurance industry
- Experience with Project management tools, e.g. Smartsheet, Planview a plus
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.