Job Description Summary:
The National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement (NIMAA) is an institutionally accredited post-secondary school that delivers a national program to train Medical Assistants (MAs) to participate effectively in high-functioning, team-based primary care settings. NIMAA provides students an effective and low-cost educational program that introduces them to the exciting world of health, and paves the way to a career in primary health care. NIMAA has two objectives:
*Meeting a critical and growing health workforce need for Medical Assistants
*Providing an entry into a health career for members of the communities our primary care partners serve.
NIMAA offers its distance education (online) learning program in multiple states, and partners with primary care clinics in each state for the recruitment of students from their communities and to provide students with an in-clinic externship experience that runs the full length of the program.
NIMAA is part of the Weitzman Institute, which is devoted to research and practice transformation and is recognized around the country as one of the premier research institutes focused on improving health care and health outcomes for special and vulnerable populations.
The NIMAA Program Specialist will work closely with other NIMAA staff and is responsible for the overall day-to-day management, monitoring and quality assurance of tasks related to NIMAA operations, student services and externship organization support.
Applicants must submit a cover letter addressing their interest in the position and how their experience, working style and skills address the job requirements.
The program specialist is responsible for organizing and carrying out tasks that support the functioning of the NIMAA team in the areas of business operations, externship organization management, and student support, and provides project support across multiple NIMAA functional areas.
The NIMAA Program Specialist must exhibit excellent independent judgement, strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to identify challenges and seek clarification from other staff, and a commitment to upholding NIMAA's high standards with respect to internal operations and external customer service.
A successful candidate is highly organized, self-directed, adept at prioritizing and carrying out multiple priorities with competing timelines, has experience working in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams, is highly adept with business technology, and is passionate about NIMAA's mission and commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
SIGNIFICANT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide management and coordination across NIMAA functions and initiatives to meet established objectives and standards including: facilitating communication, ensuring quality standards are met, tracking progress and deliverables, ensuring accuracy and completeness of records and data.
- Manage NIMAA internal meetings including scheduling, note taking and distribution.
- Provide support for NIMAA's cross-department meetings and stakeholder meetings including:
- Coordinating development of agenda and topics to be covered.
- Scheduling meetings
- Recording and distributing action items for NIMAA team meetings
- Manage production of meeting packet for NIMAA Board of Directors and Advisory Board Meetings
- Taking, editing and distributing meeting minutes for NIMAA Advisory Board and Board of Directors
- Work with subject matter experts to develop and refine professional presentations utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint
- Develop and execute project plans within scope of responsibility
- Proof read and edit documents for grammar, spelling and clarity
- With guidance from Business Manager, executing NIMAA business processes and problem solving related to office operations and equipment, information technology, communications, purchasing, contracting and compliance.
- Identify and work with appropriate team members to address operational and programmatic challenges.
- Act as a NIMAA team member in core areas of work on an as-needed basis to include:
- Assisting student services team with admission, enrollment, support and placement activities
- Compiling documents and information for reports submitted to state regulatory agencies
- Scheduling meetings with partners/program participants.
- Build constructive and effective relationships both internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned
CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including excellent listening skills. This position interfaces professionally with current and prospective students, community agencies and partners, representatives of NIMAA's parent company, and NIMAA team members.
Confidentiality of student and business information is a requirement. Confidentiality must be maintained according to NIMAA policies.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: NoneSUPERVISION RECEIVED
Reports to NIMAA Business ManagerQUALIFICATIONS
- Associate's degree required
- Medical Assistant Certification and experience highly preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Experience managing projects and complex tasks.
- Proven project management skills including ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, pro-active, positive and independent worker
- Professional responsiveness and adaptability to rapid change
- Strong technical aptitude with business software, including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint.
- 2-3 years of work experience in a professional setting
Black/Indigenous/People of Color highly encouraged to apply.FLSA CODE: Exempt PositionNIMAA. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plans, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more! Please note that completion of a background check, receipt of proof of eligibility to work in the United States, and completion of all requirements of our Infection Control policy will be required prior to working at NIMAA.
Exempt position--Salaried $55,000- $58,000Location:
Weitzman Institute ColoradoCity: