CUMULUS MEDIA | (Bloomington, IL) is searching for an experienced Program Director. The Program Director will be responsible for growing and operating strong brands and must have a strong background and passion for radio. Energy, enthusiasm and experience within the genre is a must. You will be responsible for all aspects of programming including; scheduling, managing on-air staff, imaging, station strategy, developing and executing revenue generating sales & programming promotions, website & social media, digital content and have a strong understanding of the core format. The position (may) also requires a daily air-shift, along with a weekend voice track shift and/or live appearances and live remotes!
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Bloomington currently features 5 stations in the Bloomington area and surrounding counties. Our stations include: 101.5 WBNQ-FM Adult Top 40, 1230 WJBC-AM Talk/Sports Radio, 104.1- WBWN-FM Country, 93.7 WJBC-FM NASH plays Country music, 98.9 WJEZ is Classic Hits. The cluster of 5 stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
We're looking for a track record of success. Top candidates will be versatile and possess exceptional PD, On-Air and web/social media skills. Digital and social strategies must be as engaging as on-air tactics and execution. The best candidates will be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and react in a calm and decisive way when dealing with challenging situations. Excellent writing and production skills to image and brand your stations are essential. People skills and the ability to work closely with talent, department heads and a talented sales team are critical.
- Create, implement, and manage the sound, image, music, brand, and standards of station through all distribution channels to reach and exceed goals for ratings, revenue, and profitability
- Successfully coach, direct, develop, appraise and motivate on-air talent to maximize their performance
- Deliver unique content that attracts the target demo, builds ratings and grows terrestrial and digital audience
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue
- Work closely with marketing team to develop contests, promotions and big events to raise brand profile
- Ensure operation of station in accordance with FCC regulations and policies
- Operate (as needed) control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment as well as music scheduling software
What we offer:
- 3 + years of Full-Time On-Air and/ or Program Director experience with successful ratings history required
- Strong production skills and knowledge of Op X, VOX Pro and Audacity
- Able to take direction and flawlessly execute game plan
- Strong social and digital experience
- Savvy computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, social networking, ratings, research and music programs
- Ability to multi-task and the discipline to focus on what is the highest and best use of your time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with air staff, departments and clients
- Creative and strategic problem solver
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask "what if" and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please visit [ Link Removed ]
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: [ Link Removed ] CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).