Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
Under direction of facility management, the Production Technician will be responsible for a variety of complex operations and duties in the production facility. The Production Technician will be responsible for operating a steam-methane reforming (SMR) facility while meeting all safety, environmental, corporate, efficiency and production requirements.
- Control of SMR process by adjusting process variables via a Distributed Control System to maintain safe, environmentally compliant, reliable, and efficient operations
- Operations and monitoring of DOT-regulated pipelines
- Daily observations of process equipment, monitoring critical field equipment and process controls
- Perform Start-ups and Shutdowns of the SMR process
- Communicate effectively with fellow operators, technicians, engineers, and management
- Adhere to all regulatory, corporate, and plant policies and procedures
- Demonstrate ability to be a safety leader by fostering a strong safety culture and ensure a safe work environment with a commitment to zero injuries
- Support maintenance activities by performing and enforcing Energy Control Procedures, Lock-out Tag-outs, and Safe Work Permits
- Support outages including turnarounds and unplanned downtime events
- Write and maintain operating procedures
- Operate fork-truck and manlift when necessary
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping
- Participate in and support site safety meetings, operational training, MOC process, PHA Process, PSM compliance, EHS Reviews, Root Cause Analysis, and Environmental Compliance
- Work extended hours including 12-hour rotating shift schedule, weekends, holidays, and scheduled/non-scheduled overtime
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years Production Operations experience or equivalent
- Moderate lifting (20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, < 10lbs. constantly)
- Ability to work from heights and within confined spaces
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Basic understanding of physics, chemistry, heat transfer, fluid flow dynamics, mechanical, and electrical theories.
- Functional computer skills required: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and ability to learn internal systems
- Associates Degree in Process Technology or equivalent
- Military technical training
- Fork-truck and/or manlift operations experience
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.