Lead hourly associates to achieve established safety requirements, product quality standards, customer service goals, productivity levels, and good housekeeping goals. Responsible for developing hourly associates with the organization's culture and cross training requirements. Motivate team members in the achievement of performance objectives. Continually improve response times and quality levels of the production systems. Train team members in the elimination of barriers to achievement. Act as a member of the management team in the identification of improvement opportunities and the development of organizational priorities.
Education and Training:
- Supervise the maintenance of a safe, clean, and secure work environment for all associates in a designated area.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of and adherence to all established company safety, quality, employee handbook policies, and procedures.
- Plan, organize, and develop company resources to meet all established goals and objectives for on-time shipment of product to customer. Enforce all preventative maintenance schedules as applicable.
- Provide training to ensure that only qualified personnel are assigned to perform work.
- Develop teams and team members to accept increasing levels of responsibility and authority; with ultimate objective being self-direction
- Maintain and lead MOS process. Identify areas to improve and then lead efforts to complete the improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in either a technical or business curriculum preferred. Associate's degree or equivalent experience in an applicable function is acceptable.
- Proven record of continuing training through schools or seminars.
- Minimum of 2-3 years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a welding or metalworking industry, with at least two years' business experience.
- Ability to work without direct supervision with a high degree of personal accountability.
- Training or demonstrated experience in positive management techniques and team building concepts preferred.
- Welding and metal working experience preferred.
- Computer skills required: MS Excel including graphing, Word, and PowerPoint.
Environmental Conditions: Behavioral Traits:
- Majority of time walking and standing
- Occasional sitting, bending, squatting, reaching and grasping
Minimal kneeling, climbing, and driving
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Carry up to 30 lbs. approximately 30 feet
- Push/Pull 10 lbs. of force 5 feet
- Able to travel to suppliers, customers, and other Hendrickson facilities on as-needed basis. Anticipated travel is less than 10%.
- Innovative - Feeling comfortable in fast-changing environments; being willing to take risks and to consider new and untested approaches
- Persuasive - Building commitment by convincing others and winning them over to your point of view
- Excitement - Operating with a good deal of energy, intensity and emotional expression; having a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved
- Tactical - Emphasizing the production of immediate results by focusing on short-range, hands-on, practical strategies
- Feedback - Letting others know in a straightforward manner what you think of them, how well they have performed and if they have met your needs and expectations
- Production - Adopting a strong orientation toward achievement, holding high expectations for yourself and others, pushing yourself and others to achieve at high levels
- Cooperation - Accommodating the needs and interests of others by being willing to defer performance on your own objectives in order to assist colleagues with theirs
- Consensual - Valuing the ideas and opinions of others and collecting their input as part of your decision-making process.
- Empathy - Demonstrating an active concern for people and their needs by forming close and supportive relationships with others
- Development & Continual Learning - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Facilitating Groups - Enables cooperative and productive group interactions.
- Influencing Others - Gets others excited about and committed to furthering the organization's objectives.
- Interviewing Others - Asks questions in ways that enhance the clarity, quality, and reliability of information.
- Listening - Understands and learns from what others say.
- -Mediating Disputes - Helps others resolve complex or sensitive disagreements and conflicts.
- Negotiating Agreements - Reaches deals or compromises.
- Relationship Building - Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Safety Focus - Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
- Self-Management - Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals
- Stress Tolerance - Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
- Teamwork - Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Training & Presenting Information - Formally delivers information to groups.
* This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice. Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.