Production Shift Supervisor
Huntsman's Performance Products Division is now searching for a new Production Shift Supervisor who will Supervises associated production technicians within Train 1, Train 2, and Filtration Plant to ensure compliant, effective, and efficient operation. This role is an active, full time member of the production team located in Freeport, Texas.
As the Production Shift Supervisor, you will: Production Shift Supervisor
Skills and experiences required:
- Responsible for ensuring continued compliance by assigned reports to all safety and environmental polices & procedures for area of responsibility.
- Responsible for managing assigned production technicians in the areas of orientation, work assignments, training compliance, employee development, and performance management, including coaching, counseling, performance reviews, and corrective actions.
- Achieve operations and productions goals with units operating at target rates and on-spec within equipment and environmental limitations.
- Ensures accurate records, process metrics & documentation according to guidelines, and prepares both regular and non-normal reports as needed.
- Manage overtime for production technicians appropriately to ensure safe operations of all units at all times.
- Communicates with both internal and external customers (i.e. raise issues and concerns to management, orders necessary materials & supplies, interfaces with engineering, etc.)
- Perform regular walk arounds of all Units to ensure good housekeeping, Safety and Area Procedure Compliance, Safety Hazard Recognition, etc.
- Lead/Facilitate Energy Control Plan (ECP) generation, RAPNET electronic work permitting process, and ensure compliance to site and corporate safe work policies
- High school diploma or GED with 5+ years of chemical plant experience as a plant operator or a Process Technology Associate Degree with 2 years of experience.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Must have good analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of safety and environmental requirements.
- Chemical Plant Operations Experience Required
- Previous Supervisory/Leadership Experience Preferred
- Must be willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule and work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local. P
lease refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.Additional Locations: