At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
General Duties of the Job
- Facilitates the actions necessary to create and communicate Production Planning information.
- Evaluates raw material supply, Work-In-Progress, and production capability to efficiently plan Celgard- Concord production operations.
- Understands the production volumes and takt time of the processes and people and can appropriately plan those assets in such a way to produce the product needed to meet sales orders.
- Understands the lead time, volume, and order frequency of all supply parts to ensure that plant operations do not run short of raw materials used in making product. Works with the Material Engineer, Purchasing,, Incoming Inspection Technician, and warehouse personnel to maintain this supply, quality, storage, and cost as needed. Monitors or creates purchase requisitions for proper ordering of these items. Highlights opportunities for improvement to the appropriate people within the organization.
- Top resource for all production and planning needs of the ERP system. Creates and closes jobs as needed. Capable of running reports to obtain the information needed to succeed in this role, such as open orders, open and closed jobs, raw material, SF goods, and finished goods inventory. Primary contact for IT for needs related to production for items and projects requiring a PRR.
- Inputs and updates product bill of materials for the creation of product.
- Acknowledges customer requests for product and provides an appropriate ship date to Customer Service to meet such date. Directs production focus as necessary to meet accepted ship dates. Influences the Production Supervisors on directing personnel resources to meet orders.
- Attends weekly production variance meetings providing appropriate information to understand the reason of the variances. Works with cost accounting and management to continuously improve the accuracy of production estimates, ERP processes, and appropriate BOM updates.
- Facilitates production meetings for the effective communication to production technicians, supervision, and engineering of production needs and production plans.
- Collaborates with Maintenance and I&E teams to schedule time for PM activities within production schedule.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- Prior experience in production planning function a plus
- Knowledge of MES and ERP systems, especially ShopFloor and AX, able to learn, use and master a system to support the business.
- Ability to multitask across several production areas
- Functional use of Microsoft Excel and Word documents
- Good communication skills a must, interacts with Sales, Production, and Production Management daily
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.