Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people's lives. It's time to stop dreaming about the future; let's build it together.
If you are interested in joining our Talent Community, please share your resume with us. When a position that matches your qualifications becomes available it's that much easier to connect!
Production Operators are responsible for safely producing molded rubber parts that meet quality requirements in an efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read, understand and follow process sheets and instructions.
- Use and operate measuring devices such as weigh scale, pyrometer, etc.
- Operates various material handling equipment such as overhead hoist, pallet jack, fork truck, hydraulic lift table, etc.
- Required to work around extremely hot mold/press when loading and unloading prep/part.
- Required to visually inspect parts for defects.
- Trim and Package parts.
- Use and operate pre-heating ovens.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Fosters continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Operators may use various tools such as knives and shears to trim parts.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Recent experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with rubber or plastics desired.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to accomplish tasks in a designated timely manner.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules and work orders.
- Overtime may be required and employees are expected to make the necessary arrangements to accommodate this need.
- Given the nature of this position and the effects it has on production and manufacturing, individuals, must be able to work any shift, overtime and weekends on short notice.
- Most positions will be for an off shift.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This job has expired.