Job ID: 251319
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented individuals for day shift production in our plant full-time. The position requires the handling of glass and various other products related to the glass industry. The individual will start as a loader/unloader at the tempering oven have the opportunity to advance to cutting, fabricating, insulating, and/or shipping. This position requires a lot of bending, twisting, and reaching. The individual will be standing and walking on a concrete floor wearing steel-toed shoes and other safety gear for long periods at a time. Starting pay is $12.00 to $15.00 per hour depending on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling of glass products in a safe and efficient manner throughout the production process
- Reading labels to expedite product flow into other departments
- Understanding layout of the facility to ensure proper product flow
- Inspecting product for any abnormalities and notifying supervisor immediately of any issues
- Utilizing a tape measure to ensure product is within the product specifications
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Ability to effectively read and use a tape measure
- Understand units of measurement and be able to perform general mathematical equations
- Must be willing to work in other departments as needed
- Must be detail, safety, and quality-oriented.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations well
- Must be self-motivated and a quick learner
- Lifting up to 75 lbs. frequently
- Ability to squat, bend, twist, and turn multiple times throughout the day, every day
- Ability to stand on your feet for 8 to 10 hours per day
- Must be able to work quickly in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, Cold, humidity, etc.). This can be a HOT ENVIRONMENT.
- May be required to work 45 to 55 hours per week
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Additional Information
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background check, pre-placement physical, and drug screen will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Feb 9, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Phoenix Job Segment:
Industrial, Laborer, General Labor, Labor, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations