Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a 2nd shift Production Foreman who will join our Carrollton, KY team.
- A minimum hourly pay of $22.10 or more depending on experience.
- 2nd shift hours are M-F from 4:00PM-2:30AM (plus Saturday) during busy season.
The Production Foreman position is responsible for the planning, coordinating and supervising of work activities of five or more personnel including Temporary Agency workers engaged in production, equipment repair, warehouse work and the loading of trucks. The position implements and monitors management programs as they relate to safety, employee relations, production efficiencies, and inventory control.What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Accomplish manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and recommending disciplining when necessary; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
- Supervision and coaching experience. Supervise and direct work of others.
- Experience managing processes and process improvement.
- Ability to ensure housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Up to 34 paid days off each year
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Time
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.