ANDRITZ is an international technology group providing plants, systems, equipment, and services for various industries. The company is one of the technology and global market leaders in the hydropower business, the pulp and paper industry, the metal working and steel industries, and in solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial segments. Other important fields of business are animal feed and biomass pelleting, as well as automation, where ANDRITZ offers a wide range of innovative products and services in the IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) sector under the brand name of Metris. In addition, the company is active in power generation (steam boiler plants, biomass power plants, recovery boilers, and gasification plants) and environmental technology (flue gas and exhaust gas cleaning plants) and offers equipment for the production of nonwovens, dissolving pulp, and panelboard, as well as recycling plants.
Job summary / Introduction
ANDRITZ stands for passion, partnership, perspectives and versatility - core values to which the company is committed. The listed Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria. With almost 170 years of experience, 29,000 employees, and more than 280 locations in over 40 countries worldwide, ANDRITZ is a reliable and competent partner and helps its customers to achieve their corporate and sustainability goals.
Detailed job description
Provide engineering services and support crane projects, both capital and service. Respond to customer requests for engineering services, such as on-site damage assessments and repair instructions. Manage the engineering team consisting in-house and external resources. Support crane service department by providing engineered solutions to the reported issues and review and approve structural inspection reports and make recommendations as required.
The individual must be able to present both the equipment and the Company favorably to the customer.
Additionally, Product Manager works closely with Sales and Purchasing departments.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- New Cranes and Major upgrades
- Structural and Mechanicals Designs
- R&D Program
- Cost Competitiveness
- Quality Program
- Participate in internal and external sales and project meetings as required
- Crane Service Business
- Review and approve structural inspection reports and make recommendations as required
- Respond to customer requests for engineering services, such as on-site condition assessments and repair instructions
- Support crane service field technicians by providing engineered solutions to the reported issues
- Support crane service and spare parts business with technical proposals and estimates
- Develop and maintain Crane inspection requirements and programs
- Manage both internal and external engineering resources for Crane related design work
- Supervise and coordinate Crane engineering design team and purchasing of crane components
- Maintain Product data bases, engineering standards and engineering tools
- Size and select crane structural, mechanical and electrical components
- Ensure designs comply to applicable design codes
- Manage Crane QCQA and shop audits
- Provide training for inspectors, maintenance personnel and customers when required
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.Candidates profileQualification:
- Sc. or M.Sc. in Machine/Mechanical /Structural Engineering
- Strong knowledge in dynamically loaded welded steel structures and mechanical components
- Basic understanding of electrical drives, controls, and other systems is a plus
- Experience with cranes or other hoisting or heavy machinery industry
- Experience in using standards and basic understanding of regulations
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Demonstrated responsibility and self-management
- Ability to get along with people: team player, communicator, manager and networker
- Knowledge about Company, Products and Industry- able to present him/herself and Company well
- Ability to work outside at high elevations
- Ability to respond emergency situations on weekends or evenings
- Ability to travel in USA, Canada, South-America, China and Europe
- Familiar with common engineering and product management tools, such as MathCAD, AutoCAD, SAP2000 (or other FEM), ADMS and Matrix /VAULT
For more product info, please visit the following page:
- Product Manager, Log Handling Cranes Works with:
- Business Manager, Log Handling Cranes
- Service Manager
- Spare Part manager
- Automation Manager
- Product Engineers
- Project Managers
- Sales Managers
- Category Managers and purchasing personnel
- Technical and commercial managers of key vendors
- Technical, commercial and operational managers of customers
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!
ApplyUtilization of data
By transmitting your data to ANDRITZ, you agree that this data will be saved and processed within the ANDRITZ GROUP exclusively in connection with job applications. If the data is forwarded within the ANDRITZ GROUP, data may reach countries which do not have any data protection laws equivalent to those in force in Austria.
This job has expired.