Join our Housewares Team at Helen of Troy as a Product Engineer and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands: Hydro Flask and OXO. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
As the world's premier company for insulated products, Hydro Flask began with a challenge: to create a reusable water bottle that truly performs in any environment. It had to keep hot liquids hot and cold liquids cold. Period.
Do you love unique problems and challenges? We are a group of hard-working people and outdoor enthusiasts who are constantly putting our products to the test and delivering "ahh" experiences to engaged consumers worldwide. We live our brand values every day, supporting a reliable, playful, adaptive, honest, inclusive, and unconventional culture where employees can learn, thrive and grow.
Our Hydro Flask Team is based in breathtaking Bend, Oregon. There is a desert to the East of town and mountains to the West. Our geography says a lot about who we are. We bike, ski, swim, do yoga, run, hike, and play outside. We grill and share kombucha and growlers in our backyards. We go for it wholeheartedly. That may sound like the weekend, but that is how we live every day of the year. We also offer a casual and dog-friendly environment.
What you'll be doing:
A Hydro Flask Product Engineer turns theoretical design ideas and engineering prototypes into proven, manufactured reality, leading communication, tooling, testing, evaluation, sampling and technical product documentation activities with manufacturing partners through the NPD commercialization process from early quotation activities through first production release. Through this development cycle, the Product Engineer assures and proves real products adhere to design brief performance specifications, cosmetic guidelines, compliant material requirements and Hydro Flask quality standards in the manner they will be mass produced.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Introduces and communicates new product ideas (quotation CAD) to our manufacturing partners through product quotation phase.
- Completes Design For Manufacturability (DFM) review process with chosen manufacturer, assessing feedback for concern and incorporating CAD changes where required. Outlines material and cosmetic standards upfront.
- Facilitates tooling design review cycle, incorporating feedback from tooling engineers and Supply Chain/Manufacturing to ensure tooling is capable of meeting ATS/launch targets. Confirms and communicates tooling trial one (T1) date.
- Reviews Tooled product samples, evaluating for form, fit, function, manufacturability and assembly. As needed, manages design iterations and trials (T1, T2, T3…) until an in-spec solution is achieved.
- Drafts a Develop Test Plan (DTP) and coordinates Lifecycle, Field/User and Performance testing to both prove and learn about design.
- Finalizes, collects and provides detailed material specification to compliance/quality team.
- Finalizes CAD (2D and 3D), releases under accurate part numbers and production release revision.
- Collaborates with Operations Team to drafts and assembles Manufacturing Plan (Product Tech Pack) and Release Document Package.
- Finalizes/collects product artwork and cosmetic criteria.
- Finalizes product Critical to Quality Details (CTQ's) and Inspection Dimensions and reviews with Quality/Manufacturing Team.
- Finalizes IP process where applicable.
- Ensures production toolset one (all cavities) are at current revision level per schedule requirements for production release. Communicates status to team.
- Validates toolset one through run-off cycle at factory in production setting.
- Leads sample production to support SRS, Tradeshows, PR, etc.
- Supports/observes Test Production Runs and Pilot Production Activity.
- Leads Pilot Production Box-Opening Review and Validation Test Cycle.
- Supports Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams as the need arises through ECR/ECO process as required to implement product changes due to warranty issues, manufacturability upgrades, continuous improvement, cost reduction initiatives, etc., throughout production lifecycle of product.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical and good with mathematics.
- Professional work demeanor with demonstrated ability to maintain focus and drive through long project/development cycles.
- Validated strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated user documentation skills: professional, neat, accurate, detailed, etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Upbeat, hardworking, collaborative team-player.
- Sufficient office digital literacy.
- Passionate about engineering, manufacturing, new product development and delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited college or university. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 2+ years professional engineering experience.
- Experience with 3D printing, CAD, solid modeling and 2D drawing creation. SolidWorks proficient from day one.
- Exposure to product manufacturing; familiarity with plastics and injection mold tooling and part design.
- Project management experience
- Practical hands-on general workshop skills (hand-tools, power-tools, saws, drill-presses, grinders, etc.).
- Solid understanding of materials, finishing, manufacturing methods, etc.
- Knowledge of part measurement and evaluation methods.
- Proven hands-on experience in a professional product-development or engineering environment, hitting milestones, timely delivery, etc.
- Experience working directly with product developers, industrial designers, design engineers, drafters, or supply chain teams.
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
- Consumer product engineering experience. Outdoor industry preferred.
- Experience with Asian manufacturing and sourcing.
- Awareness and experience working with risk-mitigation tools (tolerance stack-ups, DFMEA, testing, etc).
- Knowledge of modular fixture design, machine building, product testing and design of experiments.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 #LI-DNP.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.