HotFoot Recruiters would like to announce the following opportunity available for immediate consideration:
Company: HotFoot Recruiters
Position: Procurement Specialist
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85043
Procurement specialists manages contracts with the company's vendors to ensure best prices. The Procurement specialist orders materials used in producing goods. Procurement specialist analyzes costs, negotiates contract details, and offers strategies and solutions to help the company better manage costs on supplies and vendor services. Additional duties include managing inventory, tracking orders, resolving issues concerning price disputes, and making bids for a vendor's services.
Strong math, analytical, organizational, and communication skills are essential for the success of procurement specialists. They should be detail-oriented team players, possessing negotiation skills and the ability to work independently as needed. An understanding of business operations and processes is important to their work. Additionally, procurement specialists need strong interpersonal skills, as they work with a diverse number of people, such as executives, suppliers, vendors, and supply chain managers. Along with these crucial skills, it is important that procurement specialists are able to:
Essential FunctionsThe Procurement Specialist
- Assess costs and negotiate vendor and supply prices
- Analyze business supply needs and ensure businesses are getting the best possible material
- Manage inventory and order supplies and materials as needed
- Resolve pricing conflicts and place bids with different vendors as required
is responsible for evaluating suppliers in order to find the best deals possible on goods that are needed for business operations. They are also expected to manage MRP parameters to drive materials to achieve the highest possible service levels while simultaneously meeting inventory targets in terms of dollars and turns. They are responsible for driving supplier performance and working directly with the Supplier Quality Engineer to resolve Supplier Corrective Actions Requests in a timely and effective manner. They are also responsible for achieving annual cost reduction targets. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Required Education and Experience
- Manages purchase orders from placement, status follow up all the way through delivery and incoming inspection until receipt
- Compares prices amongst various vendors in order to make sound purchasing decisions.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials, deciding when to make purchases as needed, choosing how much material to keep on hand, track which supplies are consumed fastest, and place and track orders with vendors and suppliers.
- Works within a given budget to purchase goods and services for an organization.
- Ensures that products are delivered in a timely manner, and that the quality of the goods received is satisfactory.
- Negotiates with suppliers on price, mode of shipping, and delivery time.
- Works directly with the Business Unit Material Planning Managers to resolve material shortages.
- Checks invoices for accuracy and authorizes the accounts payable department to issue payment.
- Evaluates the performance of certain vendors in order to decide whether or not to continue buying from them.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in a supply chain/purchasing preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in using an MRP System
- Demonstrated proficiency in contract negotiations
- Experience in reading, interpreting blueprints
- Experience in building and analyzing Make/Buy models
- Experience setting up Item Masters and MRP Parameters
- Greenbelt or lean certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- APICS certification or work towards certification preferred
This job has expired.