Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women's lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Position: Procurement Officer
Location: US Office
Summary of Role:
Works closely with Senior Global Procurement Manager for procurements handled through the US office. Exercises considerable judgment in making purchasing decisions in accordance with USAID and Pathfinder International policies and regulations.
Supplies and Equipment Tracking and Delivery:
Procurement of Goods and Services:
- Ensures timely tracking of all supplies and equipment. Ensures timely delivery of goods and services to the specified locations and proactively liaises with relevant stakeholders to clarify relevant specifications.
Evaluations and Contracting for IT equipment and consultancies:
- Purchases goods and services, analyzes purchase requisitions for accuracy; Solicits and negotiates competitive pricing from vendors and makes recommendations for issuance of purchase orders. Reviews existing office supply contracts and coordinates the bid process in accordance with Pathfinder International procurement rules and best practices. Prepares and follows up payment requests for goods and services in a timely manner in accordance with existing Pathfinder policies and guidelines.
Vendor Database Management & Reports:
- Drafts bid evaluations for IT equipment. Reviews consultant evaluation score cards, reviews draft Consulting Agreements, and negotiates pricing in consultation with Global Procurement Manager.
Capacity Building, Project Management and Participation:
- Maintains a database of vendors. Investigates and resolves complex problems associated with outside vendor documentation to process purchase orders, waivers, payments. Prepares and submits procurement reports in agreed format and timeframe.
- Manages the Consultant database (In house tool), including administration and upgrades to the database
- Assist in producing Procurement KPI reports, and other reports as needed from the procurement application
Required Education and Work Experience:
- Leads, manages, or participates in cross-functional project teams.
- Leads the renewal process for Long Term Agreements for Printing, Graphic Design, Translation, Interpretation, IT equipment, technical writers, etc.
- Serve as Procurement lead on Ishare user group, maintain Procurement Resource Center on Ishare
- Provide Procurement orientation to new staff
- Assist in the development and roll out of Procurement related trainings
- Assists in the reviews of procurement packages from other offices, as well as routine monitoring and spot checking
- Bachelor´s degree in Procurement or related field.
- 2 years' work experience in purchasing, finance, or facilities management.
- Work experience with NGO under USAID grants
Procurement Process: Basic knowledge of the principles of procurement process.
Preferred Competence and Work Experience:
- Vendor relations management: Ability to maintain relationships with vendors.
Other Information:Technology to be Used:
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- USAID Procurement Rules and Regulations: Foundational knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Advanced knowledge of report writing.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge and or expressed interest of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including strategies and indicators.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
Travel Requirements:Application procedure / How to apply:
- Uses cellular and office phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Please submit your application via this website no later than November 18, 2022
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Safeguarding and Protection
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with for us and expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job has expired.