The Manager IT and HR Procurement is responsible for planning, organizing and directing procurement activities insuring low total cost of ownership, high quality procurement of related goods and services needed to meet the IT and HR needs of Benjamin Moore. The candidate will negotiate commercial and service criteria and develop contracts, in alignment with corporate policies and procedures, which ensure competitive pricing and overall total cost of ownership, and which fully protect the company against missed deliveries, shortages and outages, poor material quality, and other performance issues that might adversely affect Benjamin Moore. The candidate will partner with the IT and HR organizations to develop multiple sources of supply and drive cost savings and supply chain efficiencies. This position coordinates with other IT and HR sourcing professionals within the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies to leverage the full buying power of Berkshire where appropriate.
* Partner with Benjamin Moore IT and HR organizations to lead sourcing projects which deliver desired results, mitigate business risk and drive efficiencies.
* Develop and implement sourcing strategies, which include competitive intelligence, and which are aligned with business objectives.
* Negotiate with suppliers for execution of Supply Agreements that achieve lowest total system cost and which are in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Manage contractual commitments and supplier assessments, ensuring all purchases are consistent with quality and delivery requirements.
* Develop supplier base and maintain strong supplier relationships.
* Forecast market changes; develop and recommend alternative sourcing options.
* Perform data analysis for sourcing projects.
* Analyze, develop and deliver timely cost information. Maintain sourcing database and metrics for reporting and communicating Procurement activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Facilitating Change
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
* Business Acumen
* Developing Others
* Planning and Organizing
* Strategic Decision Making
* Managing Conflict
* Strong understanding of IT and HR purchasing concepts, practices and procedures, especially Sourcing Methodology
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Strategic and systems thinking
* Strong contract skills
* Excellent computer skills
* Familiar with financial management and analysis
* Ability to excel in a matrix management environment
* Global supply chain knowledge
* Demonstrated leadership abilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer focus
* Excellent organizational and follow up skills with strong attention to detail
* Bring \"Best Practice\" Sourcing/IT and HR solutions to the discussion with IT and HR Groups
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment
* Knowledge of company products
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong project management and vendor management skills
* Ability to direct the work of others
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Excellent Customer Focus skills
* Understand elements of IT and HR and their respective strategies
* Bachelor's Degree in field of business, engineering or sciences
* Master's Degree preferred
* Minimum of 7+ years' experience in IT and/or HR Procurement
* Previous people management experience
* Industrial manufacturing and/or Business Management experience preferred
* Experience in use of ERP system (SAP and ARIBA preferred)
* C.P.M. and/or CPSM certification
* Travel Requirements: 10-20%
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 1 minute ago
Grove City, Ohio
Posted 1 minute ago
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
Posted 1 minute ago