Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
020926 Process Engineer (Open)
Provide technical support and training to a production department. Drive continuous improvement in the performance of all aspects of the operation - safety, quality assurance and customer service, productivity, operating efficiencies and cost containment.
Education and Experience
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Company accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Provide leadership, technical support and training to guide changes to plant process and procedures to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Audit integrity of all mill weights and measures systems such as stock freeness, roll weights, roll lineal footage and direct material usage depending on mill location. Track the progress and results of projects through appropriate records and measurements, which are reviewed monthly. Work through team members to make course adjustments to meet project milestones and goals.
- Maintain specified equipment records. Purchase specified operating supplies.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process by which projects and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized. Responsibilities include facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Provide support and training to employees to improve mill safety and housekeeping programs and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
- Develop and maintain materials and processes related to stock preparation, including refining, wet end, sheet pressing and drying.
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques if applicable.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and related tools to meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process.
- Results in production management career path; responsibilities include qualification as shift supervisor and filling in whenever necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or related technical field from a pulp and paper engineering program
- 1+ years' experience in manufacturing, industrial or process engineering, product or technology development.
- Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc., to drive operational excellence system is a plus.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge is desired.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet/supersede stated objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
- Proficiency in data analysis a must.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively both written and verbal.
- Excellent team leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to practice time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.