API DELEVAN is an electronics manufacturer of Inductors, Radio Frequency coils, chokes, transformers and resolvers with a strong brand for nearly 70 years, and the only manufacturer in the world with Mil-PRF-39010 Level 'S' accreditation. Global supplier of a wide range of magnetics as well as frameless, framed and tandem resolvers to automation, commercial, industrial, and aerospace and defense industries. We form part of Altra Industrial Motion (NASDAQ: AIMC) portfolio of product offerings, under the Operating Company of Thomson Linear Motion. For more information about API Delevan, Altra Industrial Motion and Thomson Linear, please visit our websites at www.delevan.com , www.altramotion.com, and www.thomsonlinear.com
The Process Engineer is part of the Operations team dedicated to supporting API Delevan's world-wide customer base. The Process Engineer will lead the implementation of manufacturing processes including but not limited to: work-flow, process characterization, and process monitoring/control methods. This position will troubleshoot problems within the production process and will lead continuous improvement / corrective actions programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
Job Requirements Qualifications and Experience Levels
- Analyze work-flow processes within and across all departments to determine how the entire company can work better together.
- Work closely with teams consisting of representatives from purchasing, planning, operations, quality and product management to formulate and administer the company's continuous improvement and quality strategy, policies, goals, and documentation.
- Cross functional member to support documentation review, which may include bills of material, new material drawings and engineering instructions.
- Observe and analyze processes with the ability to utilize performance data to identify areas for improvement.
- Perform efficiency studies to identify true costs and identify areas of waste.
- Correlate operational metrics related to Labor, Yield, Throughput, etc. to KPI's in order to translate improvement opportunities into cost savings.
- Manage projects including cost tracking, ROI calculations, resource allocation, and meeting deadline requirements.
- Support AS/ISO audit process as well as customer and supplier audits.
- Coordinate with operations to facilitate problem solving and troubleshooting at the manufacturing floor level.
- Travel as needed-up to 20%, including supplier audits and international travel required to support our business at St. Kitts.
U.S. citizen or permanent resident status is required due to ITAR restrictions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or manufacturing-related degree preferred.
- Five years' experience with process improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Incumbent should have extensive knowledge in Lean Six Sigma or similar continuous improvement methods.
- Knowledge of an ability to provide up to date technological advances.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office experience - Word, Excel, Access, Power Point
- Strong aptitude for electrical/electromechanical design as well as possession of well-developed mechanical skillset.
- Must be very willing to be a "hands on" engineer.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.