The senior client advisor, based outof the Chicago office, is responsible for staying abreast of changes in clients' lifestyle that impact their risk profile and coverages, conducting annual reviews of clients' insurance program, negotiating with carriers on client's behalf, based on detailed market knowledge, and recommending appropriate coverages, limits and risk management solutions to clients. Client Advisors are also responsible for new business generation by obtaining referrals from existing clients and centers of influence and expanding relationships with current clients.
What can you expect?
- This position is critical to successfully support a high volume book of business to our Private Client clientele
- You will receive on the job, computer based and side-by-side training to become successful in this role
- Work alongside tenured colleagues to gain experience and skill sets for professional growth
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance bonus potential), Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k match AND contribution).
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We will count on you for the following responsibilities:
- Reviews client exposures, loss experience and current coverages and recommends appropriate products and services
- Presents clients with accurate market data from appropriate resources to advise and counsel on complex risks
- Provides proactive day-to-day client service by anticipating and evaluating client needs and responding to client questions and issues in person, over the phone or via email
- Gathers information from client related to risk management needs, financial loss tolerance and evaluate and propose a variety of solutions to manage client's risk
- Creates and presents renewal proposals to existing clients and conducts annual interactive Client Advisory reviews where appropriate
- Understands, introduces and leverages the services of Private Client Services (PCS) Specialty Practices areas, as appropriate, including surplus lines placements
- Conducts Client Advisory Reviews via face-to-face meetings. On larger or more complex clients a manager/colleague will be present
- Ability to quote coverages for existing clients
- Confidence in cultivating opportunities from within their client's centers of influence
- Responsible for new business development of assigned book of business through referrals and expanding existing client programs
- Builds relationships with clients, Marsh colleagues and centers of influence that facilitate asking for and receiving high quality referrals that become clients
- Accountable for client retention through delivery of exceptional client service
- Negotiates with multiple insurance carriers to provide comprehensive coverage options for clients and prospects, while conforming to all laws, regulations and requirements governing the insurance industry
- Implements and maintains a quality service plan ensuring the accuracy of binders, policies, and other relevant documents that are delivered to clients
- Communicates client's risk solution and binding instructions to carriers
- Utilizes the(TAM) Applied system in an accurate and timely manner to enter and maintain all pertinent account information
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures
- Escalates internal and external service concerns that clients may be experiencing to appropriate departments for action and prevention of further client impact
What you need to have:
- 3 - 5 years' insurance experience with High Net Worth (HNW) clientele
- Property & Casualty (P&C) License
- Previous Personal Lines Insurance experience with HNW clientele
- Client facing experience
- Client service orientation with balance on managing expectations
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to adhere to policies, practices & procedures
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong technical and computer skills (MS Office tools, etc.)
- Flexibility to travel in the surrounding local area as client and company needs require
What makes you stand out?
- College Degree, preferred
- Professional designations a plus, e.g. CPCU, CIC, etc.
- Previous experience with The Agency Management System (TAM) or similar system preferred
Marsh McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States through four primary business lines: Business Insurance, Employee Health & Benefits, Private Client Services (PCS) and Retirement Services. MMA has over 8,000 employees in nearly 120 locations, with access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh McLennan (MMC) parent company banner. Sister companies include Marsh, Mercer, Oliver Wyman and Guy Carpenter amongst others.
Private Client Services - National is part of a broader MMA PCS platform that includes a national footprint of over 100 local offices and a team of more than 850 experienced professionals. PCS - National, previously known as Marsh PCS, is a pioneer in the high net worth insurance space. Established as a dedicated practice of Marsh in 1980, PCS is a rapidly growing 340+ colleague organization under Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA). The leader of PCS - National serves as the overall Practice Leader for MMA PCS as well.
Today, we hold the largest share of premium in the high net worth personal lines insurance market space yet we are far from satisfied. In fact, we have the growth mindset and agility of a start-up and are seeking to add to our industry leading team. If you are talented, smart and driven, and looking to join a team that values creativity, diversity and imagining the art of the possible, come check us out. We are determined to redefine the colleague and client experience in the HNW space as we leap into the future. Come help us Make Extraordinary Possible!
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.