Location: San Jose, CA
Description: Principal Software Engineer
Duration: 12+ Month
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Project Orta is a critical project in our IoT line of business. Orta aims to democratize its virtual targets technology for use in the IoT broad market through cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, AliBaba, etc. The virtual platform technology has existed for decades, but it has never been positioned for use outside of traditional complex and bespoke on-premises EDA software development workflows at our silicon partners. Our vision is to deploy this technology via cloud marketplaces, monetize it and accelerate the overall time to revenue in the IoT value chain.
What will I be accountable for?
In this role you will develop a licensing component that wraps around the virtual target and the compiler. This wrapper will be implemented in python. This component as the following requirements.
- Ip protection - this service will limit execution to cloud environments. If a user attempts to copy the virtual target or the binary out of the cloud and run it on a local desktop or on another cloud ami/container that is outside of the marketplace, the executables will fail to load.
- Obfuscation - this service will obfuscate the wrapper in a way that it cannot easily be reverse engineered
- Marketplace Monetization Integration - each CSP has a different marketplace, with different apis/billing methodologies, etc. The wrapper must integrate into those marketplace systems and provide accurate per minute consumption-based billing to the end user.
- Performance - performance of this wrapper is critically important as it will be called repeatedly in typical ci/cd flows to compile and launch the executables.
- Scale - this project will target all major cloud service providers. The licensing component must therefore be engineered in an extensible way where additional cloud environments/marketplaces are added naturally.
- Bring Your Own License - In addition to the consumption-based model described above there will be a bring your own license (byol) model supported in the long-term component requirements.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Proven track record in developing and delivering cloud-based marketplace solutions
- Expertise with the python programming language
- Demonstrable experience with creation and management of software requirements (python packages)
- Expertise with CI/CD workflows
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively with other team members, customers, and suppliers - formulating and executing on delivery of this statement of work
- Motivation to work unsupervised, but as an integral part of a globally distributed team
The scope of delivery has been significantly reduced to a simple proof of concept which is aimed to be delivered by the Dev Summit conference in October 2021 as the first project iteration. This 12 month contract will extend through 2022 as multiple iterations are expected
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com