GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a Technology & Integration Engineer (f/m) to support our GlobalFoundries Packaging Development group. Your responsibility will be to drive advanced packaging with main focus on Radar/5G/IoT. Your role is in electrical 3D EM simulation using Ansys HFSS. Act as a technology interface to various Business Units (RF, CMOS, ASIC). Work on technology development with R&D partners and institutes.
- Understanding RF packaging at > 6GHz (up to 200GHz). Quantification of frequency related losses (measured S , L and Q). Experience in model to hardware correlation
- Use/build/drive electro-thermal simulation within GLOBALFOUNDRIES, targeted to wafer level package and FEM modules
- Provide best electrical solution for packaging of SOCs
- Drive solution for multi die modules with antenna and provide package level models
- Drive requirements and building blocks for technology standardization (co-design EDA)
- Develop process design kit (PDK/ADK) components, typically decks for DRC, LVS or PEX.
- Engineer and validate PDK component requirements, e.g. ground rule, device models for packaging passives
- Validate PDK component implementation with automated and manual quality checks
- Provide general customer support, either customer facing or internal to the team.
- Develop methods to improve PDK/ADK component efficiency
- Support the activity's on GFs mmWave R&D demonstrator. Clearly point out strategy for differentiation to help GLOBALFOUNDRIES to become leader in 5G/IoT/RF w silicon to package integration
- Contribute to GFs RF and mmWave packaging strategy. Work close with GF's reference design groups to demonstrate chip package co-design.
- Act as main technical contact to R&D infrastructure. Drive bilateral packaging projects within the consortia infrastructure.
- Work with all stakeholder organizations on global scale (product life cycle management, application engineering, RF CMOS technology integration etc.) to create and align on program deliverables
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or another relevant engineering or physical science with approx. 2 years of relevant experience.
- Record has to include RF electrical EM simulation, RF package optimization
- Experience in package architecture for single and multi-chip application. Good understanding of electrical simulation for specific Package designs (RF analog experience preferred). Experience with simulation tools (ANSYS / HFSS) is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a globally distributed team or environment. Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral are necessary in English; in German would be helpful.
- Strong organizational skills: demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.