Job ID: 251219
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
Operates primary crusher, secondary plant, syntron feeder and belt conveyor for the primary breaking and transportation of raw stone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA's, TRACK, etc.)
- Performs pre shift and work place inspections to ensure safe working conditions. Informs Supervisor of any questionable material being produced of any repairs affecting quality that may be needed. Directs material to stockpile if of questionable size or quality.
- Operates PC to start and stop the secondary operation and primary control.
- Starts and stops crusher and feeder at appropriate times and observes movement of material into and through crusher.
- Observes operation of primary crusher; monitors secondary plant for efficient operations, makes changes to secondary plant for maximum efficiency by adjusting crusher settings or actuator gates; operates hydraulic clam and air hammer to relieve stone jams of material through crusher opening.
- Periodically checks operation of syntron feeder and adjusts feed from syntron feeder to belt. Uses hand tools such as bars, sledge hammer, etc., to relieve jams of material at feeder opening.
- Inspects equipment, makes minor repairs and operating adjustments as necessary. Reports need for major repairs and works alone to lubricate equipment.
- Coordinates truck dumping according to level of material in bin below crusher to maintain safe operating level at all times.
- Coordinates truck dumping of additional processed material in order to obtain a good mix of material for desired product at Secondary Plant. Directs truck to stockpile if necessary.
- Completes daily reports and charts as required and directed. Maintains records of lab results and crusher settings.
- Inspects W-1 scale and cleans daily, records scale readings and inspects W-1 belt.
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment in work areas.
- Attends meetings as required or directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
EOE / M / F / Disability What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Feb 9, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Harrisburg Job Segment:
Plant, Hydraulics, Plant Operator, Equipment Operator, Supply, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations