VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Prevention Specialist - Positive Action
Location: Euless, TX
Rate of Pay: $17.95 per hour
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Prevention Specialist - PA is responsible for providing curriculum based support groups and drug abuse prevention educational presentations for youth in accordance with approved curriculum and contractual requirements. The Prevention Specialist - SF may also be responsible for outreach/recruitment activities designed to enlist participants for prevention programming.
- Conducts curriculum-based educational groups for youth on a weekly basis at various program sites throughout the community.
- Documents attendance and relevant information regarding client participation in the program.
- Provides monthly summaries and reports as required.
- Assists with training of volunteers.
- Works with other agency staff to ensure client's needs are met.
- Performs community outreach activities designed to recruit participants for prevention programs.
- Directly recruits youth and adults for prevention programming.
- Maintains fidelity to approved curriculum and upholds production standards.
- Attends training to provide services in other areas within the department.
- Promotes an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and is in alignment with the organizational vision.
- Attends all required meetings and training
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V
- High school diploma or equivalency required plus demonstrated ability to manage classrooms and conduct structured activities.
- One year experience in substance abuse services and/or community outreach desirable. Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
- Valid Texas Drivers License, clear MVR and the ability to be insured.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Fort Worth, TX Job Type
Health Care, Nurse, Professional Services Experience
Not Specified Date Posted
05/09/2022 Job ID
This job has expired.