Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing community based substance abuse and other risky behavior prevention programing using the Strategic Prevention Department staff. Responsible for developing training plans for prevention staff and responsible for developing prevention department strategic plan that includes coalition development and Tobacco Merchant Education plan to reduce and maintain underage tobacco sales to below 10%.
1) Assist organizations, agencies, community coalitions, and other groups to conduct, analyze, and identify the risk and protective factors for substance abuse and other risky behaviors.
2) Assist communities to identify weaknesses and gaps in services, programs, and activities that promote substance abuse and risky behaviors from the community assessment.
3) Assist organizations, agencies, community coalitions and other groups to identify capacity building strategies; develop an effective capacity building plan.
4) Assist organizations, agencies, community coalitions, and other groups to develop and implement effective infrastructure to support their mission and vision statements and work efforts.
5) Assist organizations, agencies, community coalitions, and other groups to develop a comprehensive strategic plan that addresses the identified risk and protective factor through effective programming, services, and activities that are evidence-based.
6) Assist coalitions in developing a coalition strategic plan to aid coalition in accomplishing its goals and objectives for prevention.
7) Assist coalitions in the implementation of programs, services, and activities through training, technical assistance, and timeline development for implementation.
8) Assist coalitions to develop an effective evaluation plan for process evaluation and program, services, and activities evaluation to determine effectiveness of coalition efforts.
9) Assist coalitions to make changes to strategic plan and programs, services, and activities to achieve desired outcomes.
10) Works primarily in community to network and establish prevention coalitions to address identified community issues.
11) Assist coalitions to pursue and apply for funding opportunities
12) Assists agency to increase prevention department budget, staffing, and good standing in the community
13) Assist daily operations of prevention department through continuity of work efforts, works as team member in the department and agency, and promotes positive working relationships.
14) Conducts trainings and educational workshops to community groups on community issues, the Strategic Prevention Framework, Risk and Protective Factors
15) Prepares reports for department, agency, coalitions, and state to report activities, funding opportunities, trainings, educations, and ideas for future prevention activities.
16) Supervises prevention staff
Although driving is not an essential function of the position, a valid license and agency established minimum automobile coverage are required in the event the employee drives during the course of employment.
Bachelor's degree in mental health or education, MPS certification or able to obtain certification by first available testing date after hire. Continued employment will be contingent on obtaining MPS certification within time frame established. Has a commitment to service and personal excellence. Is team oriented and values diversity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms and hands; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities of the position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.