CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360° agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success, driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 35,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
We are looking for a Power Electronics Technical Specialist, who will play a key role in the electrification of agricultural and construction machinery. The position is in Detroit, Michigan and will report directly to Director, Power Electronics.
- Lead development and integration of onboard chargers and DC-DC converters for off-highway products.
- Lead creation and documentation of component specifications.
- Support engineering and purchasing team in the supplier selection.
- Work with suppliers to ensure requirements and engineering standards are met while maintaining best industry practices.
- Lead internal and external design reviews.
- Lead/Support hazard analysis, fault-tree analysis and functional safety activities related to DC-DC and onboard charging systems.
- Development of component level and system-level Design verification test plans.
- Lead modeling of DC-DC converters and on-board charging systems.
- Troubleshoot various hardware and software issues during component level and system level testing.
- Collaborate with suppliers, technical leads and program manager to provide efficient solutions for prototype and production issues related to charging and DC-DC converters.
- Support the development of in-house testing facilities and manage external testing service providers.
- Create strategy and roadmap with Innovation team for next generation of high-efficiency and high-performance charging systems and DC-DC converters.
- Benchmarking current state-of-the-art in Charging systems and DC-DC converters.
- Mentor and grow capabilities of power electronics in broader CNH team.
This Position pays:91,100-132,000 . (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- Past OEM experience or Tier-1 product development experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
- MS or Ph.D. with specialization in power electronics or related area.
- Hands-on testing and modeling experience with HV power electronics.
- Deep knowledge of regulations and standards for charging systems.
- Basic understanding about Functional Safety and EMI/EMC.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Quick Learner.
- Fluency in English is required. Italian Language is preferred.
We offer competitive compensation with multiple benefit (medical/dental/vision) options to meet your individual needs. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include: paid parental leave, life insurance, volunteer time off and much more!EEO
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at email@example.com.
Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
This job has expired.