Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
022599 Plant Superintendent (Open)
Responsible for managing 2 or more first line production supervisors in the safe, efficient, compliant and cost-effective lean manufacturing environment of a large size plant. Ensures a safe, productive and efficient working environment while striving for continuous improvements in order to meet company objectives.
Education and Experience
- Continuously improves the group's performance by implementing lean manufacturing concepts, techniques and processes.
- Effectively implements new performance management systems, production plans and performance criteria; runs shift meetings; confirms production progress; responds to delays; takes corrective actions; records KPI performance. Creates and implements group improvement plans.
- Ensures team understands roles and responsibilities as it relates to the team and core Greif. Encourages joint problem solving, personal safety, and individual development. Supports Greif mission, follows values of Greif and works to better Greif's business as a whole.
- Typically the next in command in the absence of Plant Manager.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good safety practices and habits.
- Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policies, staffs, trains, develops group skills in operational excellence by coaching, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, ensures positive employee relations, administers employee performance reviews and develops/monitors personal development plans.
- May oversee other plant functions including but not limited to purchasing, maintenance and inventory control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- High School graduate, or equivalent, or Technical School. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years experience in a dynamic production environment. Supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of industrial packaging.
- Demonstrated supervisory, organizational, interpersonal, computer, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Basic understanding of OSHA, DOT, labor and other federal regulations.
- Understanding of basic machine operation principles.
- Must also have the ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.