We are looking for a Plant Operator for our Daniels' medical waste treatment facility in Walton, KY who will be responsible for running our automated Washsmart system. Our Washsmart system mechanically opens our medical waste containers and the operator manages the sanitation process ensuring all containers are quality inspected, buffed and staged for transportation to a healthcare facility.
Daniels Health is now offering an additional $500 for joining our amazing team in Walton!
What will your job involve?
What are we looking for?
- Manual handling (hand washing using a high-pressure power hose)
- Labor intensive activities Handling 45 pounds & operating machinery
- Managing a 10-point quality inspection of emptied medical collectors for re-use
- Managing inventory per manifests for delivery drivers
- Troubleshooting the washline system (container washing + sanitization system)
- Being crossed trained to manage our autoclave machine (a pressure chamber to melt materials)
- Adhering to safety codes and conduct
Why work for us?
- Someone with a can-do attitude who is committed to efficient, timely scheduling that has previous experience in a labor-intensive job. A person with proven longevity with their employers that we can rely on.
Who are we?
Job stability - as an essential service to healthcare we are non-seasonal and recession proof.
Opportunities for overtime - we always need extra hands on deck so overtime opportunities are plentiful
Consistent work hours - Monday-Friday from 1st shift
Benefits - Full time roles are provided benefits, sick leave and vacation leave from day one
Permanent position - This is a Full-time permanent role of 40-45 hours per week with opportunity of overtime.
- Competitive Pay of $17.50/hr!
Safe work environment - We supply above and beyond the standard PPE protocols for safe handling of medical waste - find out more about how we protect you at https://www.danielshealth.com/covid-19-employees
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and medical waste collection for hospitals, medical centers, surgical centers, nursing homes and an array of customers within the healthcare setting. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, positively impact infection control and reduce environmental burden. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste on site at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.