Job ID: 251181
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
This position is responsible for the operation of a front end loader to transport/ load materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA's, Risk Assessments, etc.).
- Perform pre-shift inspections on equipment and work place inspections.
- Perform maintenance on equipment, such as fueling, lubricating, cleaning, and reporting faulty equipment to Supervisor.
- Operate quarry front end loader, and other equipment as needed.
- Start engines, shift gears, press pedals, and turns steering wheels to operate equipment.
- Move levers to lower and tilt bucket and drive equipment forward to move bulk material.
- Work with the Quarry Plant Operators and haul truck drivers to ensure production targets are achieved.
- Maintain level floor in pit and sort mud/oversize from the muck pile while loading haul trucks to achieve production.
- Be able to ingress and egress equipment by navigating steps using grab bars and three points of contact.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of equipment.
- Maintain clean equipment inside and out to ensure safety and operational excellence, by washing equipment to clean off excess dirt throughout the day.
- Maintain haul roads, safety berms, catch berms, and high wall conditions.
- Assist with plant repairs & plant maintenance, such as cleaning up in and around the plant & quarry as directed.
- Help with stone, asphalt, and RAP plants as needed.
- Understand and adhere to all Government Regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
About Pennsy Supply
- Must have basic product knowledge to recognize obvious quality problems
- Must have experience operating front end loaders
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt, aggregates, and concrete as well as providing construction services until joining the CRH family in 1993. With being a part of the CRH family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States.
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Feb 9, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Harrisburg Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Warehouse, Supply, Front End, Manufacturing, Operations, Technology