Supervise and direct the investigation and disposition of all assigned claims within an autonomous unit. Train, develop, and provide technical guidance to Claims Representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Supervise, evaluate performance, and recommend salary changes for personnel
- Actively participate in interview and selection of new personnel and assist with other staffing decisions
- Responsible for proper assignments of claims
- Maintain service standards, reporting procedures, statutory compliance, and the efficient operation of assigned area
- Provide continuous training to personnel
- Direct resolution of problems, complaints, and general public relation issues which arise concerning claims service
- Extend coverage, reserve, and settlement authority on losses which exceed individual levels
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in respective area and help develop and implement policies and procedures which impact claims processing
- Assist in monitoring and controlling allocated and unallocated expenses and payment severity
- Assist and or direct special projects and request
- Coordinate internal communication to establish new field offices and manage the daily operations of field offices as needed
- Analyze budget variances and assist leadership with development of annual budget process
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Obtains and maintain appropriate licensing or educational requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to interpret research and opinions to establish claims action plans
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Insurance Laws and how they relate to claims
- Solid understanding of the Insurance Industry
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to work independently, remotely and as a self-starter as needed
- Must be customer focused
- Capability of consistently handling aggregate file exposures of a least $40,000
- Understanding of global company knowledge, totality of impact decisions, and leadership abilities
- Successful completion of one or more professional designations: CPCU, SCLA, PLSC, CCLS, LPCS, AIC, AIM
- Advanced Educational degree
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Proficient in Insurance Software Programs (i.e. Xactimate, Homeowner Line Insurance programs, other estimating software, etc.)
- Experience in multi-line adjusting
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.