Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization!
GHD has a great opportunity for a Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer to support our Emerging Contaminants Practice! This role will provide you the opportunity to participate in the planning, design and construction engineering of water, wastewater, groundwater, utilities, infrastructure, and site-development projects for our wide range of municipal and private clients with a key focus on treatment of PFAS and other emerging contaminants. This position can be based in most GHD office locations in the U.S. GHD supports a hybrid work model.
Key responsibilities will include:
What you will bring to the team:
- Developing treatment approaches with an emphasis on treatment technologies for the removal of PFAS and other emerging contaminants
- Supporting the preparation of plans, technical reports, design drawings, contract documents, cost estimates and project permits related to water, wastewater, and groundwater treatment design projects
- Leading production of portions of design and construction projects
- Establishing client relationships and winning work
- Working on multi-disciplinary projects and helping to coordinate these efforts, including local, national, and global projects that may involve multiple GHD office locations
- Assisting in developing conference abstracts and representing GHD by participating and presenting in technical conferences
- Provide mentorship and development advice to junior level staff
- Experience with treatment technologies for PFAS and other emerging contaminants
- Experience or willingness to manage clients and communicate with regulators
- Understanding of emerging contaminant environmental legislation throughout North America
- Strong commitment to client service excellence
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational and presentation skills
- Willing and able to travel to project sites and client meetings as required
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, with focus on water and wastewater treatment
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) license, preferred
- 10+ years of increasingly focused project experience in water, wastewater, and groundwater treatment design. Experience with private sector clients, specifically landfill leachate, is preferred
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
More about Life and Work @GHD
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Our Commitment to you
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD Expertise and Service Lines
This job has expired.