Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
The Paving Foreman supervises and coordinates activities of crew and ensures safe, efficient, and quality completion of assigned asphalt paving project(s).
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Collaborate with Superintendent and/or Project management team to schedule materials, equipment, and work for the crew.
- Complete required documentation and reports including but not limited to, crew timecards, daily reports, logs, incident reports and safety documentation.
- Lead daily communication and safety meetings with crew regarding expectations, changes, and other information.
- Enforce and comply with all Company safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Train and mentor crew members to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Support employee counseling and performance appraisals.
- Timely address safety and other job site concerns and issues with employees.
- Monitor job site and crew safety to ensure work is being completed in compliance with project specification and safety standards.
- Communicate with project management team regarding any delays, changes and/or emergencies at the job sites.
- Actively inspect work site for potential health and safety hazards.
- Maintain safe work environment that complies with OSHA standards and safety standards.
- Participate in training and other forms of development to strengthen technical, safety and other skills.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two (2) years of experience functioning as a Foreman/Supervisor and or Lead-level.
- Experience in asphalt paving and road construction.
- Knowledge of asphalt materials, finish grading, patching, paving and related equipment.
- Knowledgeable in GPS grading and survey equipment (Trimble), preferred.
- Skills in basic computing and email (knowledge of Microsoft Office a plus).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (Bilingual a plus)
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to read and understand blueprint and construction plans, preferred.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to motivate employees and lead by example.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within project timelines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (occasionally extended hours).
- Ability to work in constant exposure to outside elements, in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in safety sensitive construction zones around large machinery and heavy equipment.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiates to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct daily.
- Valid driver's license.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.