Patient Care Technicians will perform and document nursing care measures to meet the physical needs of patients as directed by the registered nurse. Tasks and expectations include providing hygiene and comfort measures, assisting patients with bathing, oral hygiene, hair care, nail care, shaving, therapeutic measures, etc. PCT's will also perform and document monitoring procedures and observe and report the patient response. This includes obtaining vital signs, weight, emptying drainage collection devices, performing glucose monitoring, etc. PCT's will also maintain safety and security of patients, family members, self, and others by observing safety precautions and promoting a sense of security and well-being.
- One of the following required:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA);
- Enrollment in nursing school with one (1) semester of clinicals completed; or
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience performing the essential responsibilities of the nursing assistant role.
- CPR certification required, or obtained during nursing team onboarding process.
- Successful completion of Nursing Team Onboarding, unit-based orientation, and clinical competency validation tool within 30 days of hire.
- Attends all Joint Commission, OSHA and hospital/nurse manager mandated inservices. Submits supporting documentation to nurse manager in conjunction with annual performance appraisal. Demonstrates clinical competence.