It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
This is a PRN position.
Responsible for processing patient accounts. Duties may include one or more of the following: processing insurance payments, following up on denied claims, and resolving credit balances. May work in multiple functional areas.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Processes the insurance component of a patient's obligation using the third party claims processing and payment rules. Bills claims appropriately.
- Follows up on denied claims by performing appeals and denial recovery procedures. Works denied claim lines and no response claims to resolve outstanding accounts.
- Analyzes credit balances on patient accounts and resolves. Responds to refund request letters from insurance carriers.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and participates in improvement plans.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- May review the work of others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
21200037 Outpatient ServicesWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.