If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Patient Access department has an exciting opportunity for a temporary, full-time Patient Access Representative 1 to work at the UHealth campus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Serve as Patient Advocate and Service Ambassador by providing a favorable first impression and proactive attention to internal and external customers in order to meet or exceed expectations, address concerns, and optimize experience.
- Perform all on-site patient access registration related functions promptly without compromising patient safety, quality, service levels, and reimbursement.
- Comply and abide with all established UHealth policies and procedures related to Patient Access and State/ Federal regulations.
- Identify and collect patient's self-pay responsibility including co-pays, deductibles, co-insurances, self- pay discount rates, global packages, and previous outstanding balances for both technical and professional components in POS 11 and 22 clinics thereby playing a key role in reducing AR, Bad Debt, and Collection Costs by collecting patient's financial responsibility upfront.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on departmental needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Must possess excellent, critical thinking, analytical, troubleshooting, problem resolution, and customer service skills.
- Excellent mathematical and cash management skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to work as an integral team member under minimal supervision, in a fast-paced, complex and highly stressful environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with physicians, co-workers, other departments and patients of all ages, and from across a broad range of cultural and social economic backgrounds.
- Computer literate and ability to use multiple systems and acquire proficiency in the following electronic systems: UChart Cadence/Prelude/Enterprise Billing, Passport HealthWorks Compliance Checker, Availity, RIS-PACS, CaneCare, UMCare, Intellidose, MCSL, Experian and all online verification systems used by contracted payors.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- One (1) year of customer service experience required; experience in a healthcare related setting preferre.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish, English/Creole, English/French, English/Arabic) a plus.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.