Provides professional military personnel support services to the U.S. Navy's Identification Card Administration (ICA) program at Navy installations designated as Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) sites.
- Serves as ID Card/Common Access Card (CAC) customer service specialist trained and certified by the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC).
- Delivers ID Card services to all personnel assigned to support customer commands, other military service personnel, retirees and their dependents, and contractors verified through the Trusted Associate Sponsorship System (TASS).
- Performs as a Verifying Official (VO) on DEERS/RAPIDS terminal and ensures inputted data for accuracy and correctness.
- Verifies the identity and eligibility of authorized DoD beneficiaries, issues DoD Identification Cards and performs DEERS updates in accordance with DoD regulations and AFI 36-3026.
- Issues and strictly controls Armed Forces identification and privilege cards for all eligible personnel, (i.e., active duty military, retired military, 100% Disabled American Veteran (DAV) and respective dependents and verified contractors.
- Operates and maintains RAPIDS workstations, processes CACs, assists customers with questions concerning identification card eligibility, application requirements and DEERS, and answers telephone inquiries.
- Accomplishes DEERS enrollment and updates for all eligible beneficiaries, reconciles erroneous DEERS information, performs PIN resets, verifying and updating PKI certificates, and provides other ICA services as necessary.
- May also be certified by DMDC as Site Security Manager (SSM) with responsibility for the safekeeping, storing, and accountability of the CAC and related consumable materials.
- Maintains RAPIDS equipment within the physical parameters and configurations established at the time of installation.
- Performs "User Maintenance on RAPIDS equipment.
Other Job Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years' experience in a Customer Service environment.
- HR background in one of the following disciplines: Military Pay, Military Personnel, Travel Claims or Navy Transportation.
- Substitutions for HR background can be from similar experience gained in either the private sector or other Federal Agency.
- Proficient in both oral and written communication to communicate effectively and explain complex actions regarding military entitlements, allowances and collections.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment such as computers, electric typewriters, copiers, fax machines, scanners and other office automation systems.
- Must be U.S. citizen and possess favorably adjudicated Tier 3 (NACLC) security investigation.
General Job Information
Part Time Intermittent ID Card Specialist (PA II), NAVY ICA
High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.