Overnight Public Area Attendent
Kimpton Armory Hotel
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Maintain cleanliness and appearance of the hotel, all the while providing amazing service to our guests along the way. Act as an advocate for the hotel, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
What You Bring
- Ensure that the lobby, hallways, public areas, including the sidewalk, decorative front doors, signage, entrance, and alley are kept clean.
- Clean meeting room, pool area, fitness center, concert space.
- Deep cleaning of areas including the shampooing of rooms and public spaces as assigned.
- Set up and maintain complimentary hotel lobby functions including the morning coffee service and other events as assigned
- Promptly deliver housekeeping items (hair dryers, ironing boards, irons, etc.) to guest rooms upon request from the front desk.
- Get assignments, keys, radio, HOTSOS device and special guest requests from your supervisor at the beginning of your shift.
- Check and replenish your supplies and cleaning tools.
- Quickly respond to guest requests in a friendly manner.
- You'll keep the locker room, restaurant, and pool-area bathrooms clean.
- Dust, sweep, mop, and vacuum all public areas and hallways. ( High and low dusting)
- Clean elevator door and vacuum constantly.
- Clean windows.
- Ensure all blinds are free of dust and debris.
- Clean all ledges, tables, counter tops, picture frames, lamps, and baseboards.
- Take out trash from all areas in the hotel.
- Processing all robes, rags, and glassware
- Washing and drying guest laundry upon request
- Checking service landing for dishes, garbage, robes,
- Mopping and sweeping back of house areas
- Cleaning up the employee breakroom and employee bathrooms.
- Return lost and found items with proper documentation to the Housekeeping Department.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job post at times, as we all do.
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in customer service or similar position.
- Previous housekeeping experience is a plus.
- Passion for customer service and good verbal communication skills, basic writing skills.
- Flexible schedule, able to work nights, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here
. Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
This job has expired.