Seeking December 2022 and May 2023 grads!
WHO ARE WE?
The Toro Company is a homegrown, Minnesota-based company that has been in business since 1914. We pride ourselves on providing world class equipment to help maintain the environment that we love, while putting an emphasis on giving back to the communities that surround us. From residential lawns and gardens, to venues such as St. Andrews Links and Target Field, we are a company with a global footprint and a passion for helping people beautify whatever landscape they may be in. With 100 years of operation under our belt and an average employee tenure of 15 years,come find out what makes The Toro Company the best place in the Twin Cities to build a career.
The Toro Company's Operations Rotation Program has been developed to quickly develop broad Supply Chain thinkers by moving pool members through a series of successive assignments in a variety of functions and locations. The Operations Rotation Program is aimed at recent graduates from a variety of Bachelors' degreed programs with concentrations in Supply Chain, Manufacturing Business, and Engineering.
Rotations May Include:
Engineering track: roles such as Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Mechatronics Engineer, Quality Engineer, Safety Engineer, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Material Flow Engineer, Production Supervisor
Supply Chain track: roles such as Production Control, Materials Manager, Planner, Sourcing Buyer, Transportation Coordinator, Continuous Improvement Coordinator, Distribution Supervisor, Service Coordinator, Production Supervisor
The program includes a 36 month commitment with three 12-month assignments located at various Company sites in the United States. Applicants are hired into their first assignment and then work with their assigned program sponsor to identify a mutually beneficial second and third assignment.
Potential locations:Iron Mountain-MI, Tomah-WI, Plymouth-WI, Ankeny-IA, Windom-MN, Beatrice-NB, Shakopee-MN, Perry-OKThe chosen candidates will have an opportunity to learn our business from the ground up while being mentored by some of our very best leaders around the United States.WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Diligently work to gain skills, knowledge and a clear understanding of relevant job duties and expectations of each assignment with local direct supervisor
- Proactively seek opportunities to contribute to the assigned team's success, identify personal development opportunities, and deliver results to the group while developing an understanding of the suppliers, processes, customers, and metrics critical to the team's function
- Assignments may require one or more of the following: project management, data collection, analytics, process execution, documentation, process design, continuous improvement, direct line support, supervision, supplier management, etc.
- Build an understanding of the interrelationships of different functions and how they all support the creation of customer, shareholder, and stakeholder value
- Collaborate with sponsor to identify next rotation assignments and improve the Operations Rotation Program
- Share best practices from previous rotations with host sites
- Prepare and present report outs to leadership for each rotation
- All other projects and tasks as assigned
In addition you will;
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Be assigned to a director-level sponsor, meet quarterly
- Report directly to manager at assigned rotational site
- May supervise hourly employees
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Technology, Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechatronics Engineering or similar concentration
- Ability to flexibly commit to 3 twelve month rotations, in three different functions, and three different locations (sites are located across the US)
- Strong MS Suite skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects / initiatives at one time
- Self-motivated, able to work well under pressure, attend to details, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group/team setting
- Strong interest in manufacturing environment, seeking growth in personal skills/knowledge/abilities and responsibility
- Ability to analyze multifaceted, complex situations, problems, and concepts
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds
- Desire to advance knowledge and skills in coaching and mentoring others
- Aptitude and desire to gain understanding of situations, processes, and procedures in an effort to improve them
- Knowledgeable in concepts of Kanban, min/max, ROP, MRP, poke yoke, etc., preferred
- Knowledge / experience in Lean material flow concepts, systems and tools such as Plan for Every Part (PFEP), pull systems, supermarkets, scheduling boards, Tugger routes, etc., preferred
- Ability to work up to 50% of time in manufacturing and distribution center environment to collaborate with teams and identify/implement improvements
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.