Job ID: 262859
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The OpEx Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing Continuous Improvement, Quality Management and Process Improvement activities to drive operational excellence. Reports to the General Manager with dotted line reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence.
This role is perfect for the continuous improvement professional who is passionate about making an operation better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Implement and manage OBE Operational Excellence system to support and drive efforts within the leadership team and with employee-based process teams to achieve zero harm, improve quality, reduce waste, and maximize process performance.
- Develop factory OpEx roll out strategy, initiatives, activities, coaching and training
- Identify areas of process improvement and execute specific OpEx production projects
- Implement improved quality processes and change by conducting workshops and improvement projects utilizing OpEx toolbox and methods
- Develop control plans and facilitate training to ensure proper execution & recording of quality testing
- Validate results to assure compliance with industry standards and/or specific project requirements
- Lead site planning process to maximize floor space, minimize lead time, and optimize flow
- Drive operational excellence principles such as constraint management, one-piece flow production, pull systems, workplace organization and setup reduction
- Ensure constant application of company procedures and policies
- Initiate, communicate and manage investigations into process issues and quality (internal & external) issues to identify root causes, develop corrective actions, and implement solutions
- Seek best practices from other OBE locations and external sources, as well as document and share local best practices to help accelerate implementation throughout the organization
- Monitor, track and report implementation plans and progress in pursuit of projects and KPI's
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university; plus , five or more years of relevant experience within a manufacturing environment. Skills and Capabilities
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Background in Operational Excellence, Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering is preferred
- Experience working in a lean environment and leading lean activities is required
- Previous lean manufacturing experience leading a plant lean transformation is desired
- Practical experience leading kaizen events and teaching and coaching and implementing operational excellence tools
- High degree of technical aptitude with a demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes and logistics flows
- Previous experience developing and implementing quality systems, including but not limited to tools such as PFMEA, control plans, standardized work and layer audits is required
- Ability to influence-decision makers in the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated ability to teach, coach and persuade
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, in addition to interpersonal, teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with various audiences at the site level. Capacity to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and managers at the site level
- Previous experience managing large projects and teams within budgetary and time constraints as well as minimum supervision
- Strong personal computer skills, to include but not limited to: Microsoft Office software applications
- Regular and predictable attendance, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Tuscaloosa Job Segment:
Engineer, Manager, Testing, Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Engineering, Management, Technology