Deliver the value and potential of our game-changing pipeline.
Be a part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology. We are already the fastest-growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our pipeline. We deliver this value through launch excellence, commercial effectiveness, and maximizing the life cycle. By demonstrating our commercialized portfolio we are confident we can change the practice of medicine and redefine cancer treatment.
As an Oncology Account Specialist (OAS) in the Chicago Marketplace for the GI Oncology Team, you will play a pivotal role making a positive impact on changing patients' lives with our scientific capabilities and portfolio of medicines.
• Tumor-based sales specialist with deep disease-area acumen who engages customers through a variety of mediums (in-person/virtual)
• Leading interactions with appropriate HCPs
• On-label tumor-based clinical selling with providers who support patient care as part of a multidisciplinary care team
• Identifies specific customer needs for education and appropriately shares insights
• Identifies tumor-focused business priorities at the account and territory level; report to an Oncology Business Manager, who ensures appropriate account plans are created and managed
• Utilizes full understanding of the tumor patient journey and engages with key multi-disciplinary care stakeholders across all relevant journey elements
• Appropriately employs omnichannel engagement to complement personal promotion
• Role model for living AZ values who diligently and consistently upholds our ethical standards and compliance expectations
• Identifies account dynamics including drivers of decision-making
• Learns account priorities for the specific tumor type and local trends and ecosystem relevant to clinical practice; Develops tumor-focused business plan encompassing account and territory-level priorities based on key insights
Engagement and Facilitation
• Conducts opportunity assessment across patient journey (including diagnosis, treatment, and patient management), to advise business priorities, encompassing HCP & account perspectives
• Develop account plans using knowledge of treatment decision-making, prior experience from interactions in the account, and analytics in coordination with brand and analytics teams
• Identifies multi-disciplinary partners within the account across the patient journey, in line with priorities defined in the business plan • Develops engagement plans passionate about key account partners; shares plans with cross-functional peers and manager to ensure collective AZ approach is aligned, well-coordinated, and improves appropriate engagement
• Works with peer field team members to identify cross-brand engagement opportunities, where appropriate
• Engages with relevant partners within an account as appropriate to address tumor priorities
• Provides critical input into District-level priorities and plans based on deep knowledge of opportunities and barriers in accounts across the territory regarding sharing insights with functional experts across the internal team regarding customer needs requiring in-depth expertise
• Educate and engage HCPs in dialogue about efficacy, safety, and dosing profiles for FDA-approved indications to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients
• Respond to customer objections using approved messaging and/or tools to connect customers to supporting resources/personnel
• Educate and engage HCPs about unmet needs within a given disease state, aligned to approved AZ medicines
• Deliver upstream-compliant education regarding diagnosis, treatment, and/or patient management (beyond product) utilizing approved materials
• A valid driver's license and safe driving record
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of Pharmaceutical Sales experience
• 5 Years of experience in Oncology
• Clinical Background in healthcare industry (sales or non-sales)
• Relevant and current Oncology sales experience for this market (GI Oncology experience a plus)
• Track record of strong sales goal achievement
• Experience with successful launches and balancing a complex portfolio
• Track record of building customer relationships through a variety of mediums (in-person and virtual)
• Demonstrated clinical selling skills and business acumen in a complex selling environment
• Demonstrated collaboration, entrepreneurial-ism, flexibility, and tenacity
• Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
Together, as ambitious experts, we're building the future and leading the next wave of transformation for our patients, business, and Oncology.
Why AstraZeneca? At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you. AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements. AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 3 hours ago
Charles City, Iowa
Posted about 3 hours ago
Bedminster, New Jersey
Posted about 1 hour ago