About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in more than 70 cities across 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,700 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a business of Marsh McLennan [NYSE: MMC].
For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Reporting to the Regional Head, Office Services, the OS Team Lead is responsible for managing a small team of OS staff (direct or indirect reports), coordinating workflow and office support for their office territory, and managing areas of regional support services as a subject matter expert. In addition, they are responsible for coordinating with other Team Leads to ensure a cohesive approach to OS Support across the region and ensuring there is a cohesive team structure to provide support across all our offices. The role requires communicating with key clients and stakeholders (Partners, Principals and Support Professionals) on a regular basis to gather feedback on business and service needs and working closely with the OS Regional Director to develop and refine the service offering while improving efficiencies and processes. The role is required to be on-site to perform responsibilities, with some flexibility as schedule allows.
Local Office Management
- Manage small team of direct (or indirect report) OS staff in a group of offices in the Americas Region
- Foster a positive and collaborative team dynamic across the region and act as their territory team's first point of contact for issues/conflict resolution
- Team performance management: assist OS teams with individual annual performance goal setting; manage mid-year and year-end review discussions for their respective team; and work with the OS Regional Manager to calibrate performance ratings and compensation
- Approve holiday requests, track attendance, punctuality, vacation time, "work from home" requests, timesheets
- Integrate newly hired team members into the workflow of their respective office and broader regional team
- Identify skills/learning gaps for the local and/or regional OS team and determine new training modules to be developed
- Meet regularly with other Team Leads to develop OS training modules and professional development for the team, including incorporating feedback from OS team members
OS Admin and Office Management
- The Team Lead is responsible for ensuring local delivery of the following items in their territory and is the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for their respective local office. NOTE: For locations with more than one OS team member on staff, the OS Team Lead would perform some of the duties below and distribute responsibilities below among the OW OS team and MMC Facilities support (C&W).
- Manage the local office inbox and respond to user inquiries as needed in a proactive and customer service-oriented manner
- Work with local Office Leader and Regional Leadership to promote OW's Back Together initiative
- Conduct local office NHO, including pre-boarding admin such as creating ID cards and assigning seating; manage exit processes for leaving employees
- Provide content and updates for the local office SharePoint page and post office announcements to the office Slack channel
- Order and stock office supplies, including café snack and beverage inventory and green initiative items
- Guide staff about meeting facilities and assist as needed with conference room and meeting needs, including all aspects of guest management, AV & ITS coordination, catering & other supplies.
- Assist staff with and how to use workspace for "Office as a Hub" philosophy
- Assist with internal office moves and refurbishment projects as needed
- Proactively work with Office Leader and other office teams to ensure the workspace is meeting staff needs
- Create and maintain an office guide for staff and visitors
- Maintain office occupancy database(s)
- Update and post floorplan regularly
- Assist with special projects as needed
Security & Safety
- Manage all compliance with Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Emergency/Evacuation, and security procedures
- Represents OW on MMC Business Resiliency check-ins
- Coordinates fire warden list and ensures fire safety team are trained and informed to perform duties
- Create Purchase Orders for OS spending, receipt invoices and submit for processing
- Monitor and reconcile monthly finance report (Actual vs Budget) and raise any out of budget spending to Team Lead and OS Director
- Submit any incorrect charges or reclasses to OW Finance for correction
- Manage soft perks menu and inventory, keep this within monthly budget
- Daily maintenance of office space; ensure the office always remains a safe and productive working environment. Enforce confidentiality policies of clean desks and white boards
- Reach out to building maintenance and/or other vendors as needed to resolve issues or have things fixed
Special Events Facilitator
Regional workload contributions
- If required, assist with organization and planning of office events, including regular TGIFS; events outside the office; holiday party; etc.
- Work with Office Leader, Social Committee and OW Events to provide support for in-office events. Duties such as coordinating building access for outside vendors, ordering special supplies, supervise special room set-ups, order beverages for in office social events
Candidate Attributes & Skills
- The Team Lead roles will work together as the "OS Management Team" (OSMT) to create, update, and implement consistent processes and procedures across the region (and in some cases, globally). The team will regularly review services provided and devise ways to implement best practices and other improvements to office support across the region.
- Solicit feedback from supported key stakeholders in each office within territory about performance (wins and challenges) and opportunities to improve services; collaborate with OSMT and OS Director to implement enhancements to office facilities and experience for staff
- Each Team Lead will own "specialty" roles or services and perform these responsibilities for the region. For example, one Team Lead will "own" the Amex program; another will "own" the regional NHO materials and delivery to all new staff in the region.
- Other project work as needed to manage OS Americas Region Services.
This job has expired.
- Firm but fair
- Mature and calm
- Respect of confidentiality around HC issues
- Collaborative and team player
- Problem solver
- Strong service focus
- Excellent communicator and negotiator
- Strong listening skills
- Able to prioritize and juggle several tasks at once
- Comfortable with change
- Familiar with local labor laws and requirements is not required but a plus
- Fluent in English and other languages depending on office location
- Advanced knowledge Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite preferred