Office Support Specialist - Academic Inclusive Excellence
Academic Inclusive Excellence
Provides administrative support to the Office of Academic Inclusive Excellence principals (Director of Campus Culture & Climate, Director of Curriculum Development & Education, and Associate Director for Diversity Initiatives) and support related initiatives within the Academic Inclusive Excellence program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Principle and Program Support
- Oversee calendars and meeting management for Directors/Associate Directors, acting as proxy for principle as directed, composing correspondence, and notifying principles of deadlines
- Coordinate unit projects, track progress, take meeting minutes, and provide administrative support to the programs within the Academic Inclusive Excellence; including event RSVPs, creating, and coordinating printed material; identifying and reserving appropriate space and catering as needed
- Support web calendars, website copyediting, and the development/management of OVCDEI's photo database.
Provide assistance preparing annual and ad hoc reports.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner by providing relevant guidance and service.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support as needed for AIE staff
- Prepare, edit, proofread, and format letters, emails, and various other confidential and highly sensitive documents
- Assist with conference registration, travel planning, and expense reports for AIE staff as needed
- Maintain office supplies and equipment
- Purchase equipment, supplies, travel, etc. with Tcard, Pcard, and iBuy
- Maintain records/receipts for all AIE division financial transactions
- Supervise and train student employees or Extra Help staff as needed for special projects/events
- Perform related duties as assigned
Physical DemandsStanding : Frequently Walking : Frequently Sitting : Frequently Lifting/Carrying : Occasionally Bending/Stooping : Rarely Talking : Frequently Hearing : Frequently Visual Acuity : Frequently Additional Physical Demands
- Assist in developing timelines for projects and events
- Provide support in scouting for resources necessary for the facilitation of events and programs
- Develop and monitor Web Tools forms, i.e., keep track of registration numbers, evaluations, and surveys
- Organize and prepare for registration and attend events/programs
- Provide support in setting up and closing out events
Standard Office Setting Travel Requirements
0% Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any one or combination totaling two (2) years (24 months) from the categories below:
(a) College coursework in any curriculum, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
- Associate's Degree (60 semester hours) equals eighteen months (18 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor's Degree (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
(b) Work experience performing office/clerical activities, including the use of computer systems.
- One (1) year (12 months) of work experience comparable to the second level of this series.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2 years of experience working at a university as direct support to executive-level administrators
- Experience developing accessible media.
- Demonstrated professionalism and mastery C-Suite office etiquette, including phone, emails, and in-person presence
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgement to make decisions
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to details, and the ability to prioritize
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software, including the ability to use Word Templates and Mail Merge options to produce printed material, (nametags, table tents, programs, etc.)
- Proficient in Calendaring and ability to utilize meeting software such as Skype meetings, Doodle, GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc.
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 3243 - Office Support Specialist position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after 4/3/2023. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx . Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on March 24, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact Hope Farney at email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Requisition ID
: 1015180 Job Category
: Administrative Support Apply at:
This job has expired.