AZZ Galvanizing - Baton Rouge
This position is responsible for,but not limited to,the overall administrative activities within an office environment.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor\'s degree in a related field is preferred.
A minimum of five years office management is required. Experience with direct supervision of clerical staff is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems. Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits and personnel information systems. Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, including applications. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices is helpful. Knowledge of Oracle e-Business Suite is preferred and strong Microsoft Office skills are required.
- Responsible for the supervision of front office activities, including HR administration, A/P, A/R, reception area, mail, purchasing and facilities maintenance.
- Resolves customer complaints and answers customers\' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Supervises the work of office, administrative or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines are met, proper procedures are followed while correcting errors or problems.
- Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems. May resolve escalated complaints or disputes.
- Implements corporate and departmental policies, procedures and service standards under management's direction.
- Discusses job performance problems with employees in order to identify causes and issues. Works to resolve performance problems and recommends appropriate personnel action.
- Ensures training on job duties and company policies is completed for all new hires.
- Reviews records and generates reports regarding production, payroll and shipping in order to verify accuracy. Monitors work activities and evaluates performance.
- Prepares and maintains office records.
- Prepares sales invoices and purchase orders.
- Assists with customer relations and sales.
- Supervises and/or performs accounts receivable and payable transactions.
- May serve as the direct report for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Office Clerks.
Primarily air conditioned office.
Majority of the time is spent sitting, some standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 25 lbs. Must be able to see at close range and perform repetitive hand/arm motions.
- Customer Service
- Clerical Works
- Office Management
- Accounts Payable
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Port Allen, LAJob Type
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.