McKinley Health Center
Assists and trains with Medical Records Administrator III in planning, implementation and upgrade of McKinley's electronic health record and practice management systems and coordinating record processing, scanning and transcription areas in the Medical Records unit. Assures that health information is concise, well organized and available to health care providers and administrators for health care delivery and legal purposes.
• Coordinates processing and storage of medical documentation
- Assists with training programs for Medical Records staff related to analyzing medical documents for accuracy and completeness in accordance with guidelines of the American Health Information Management Association and accrediting agencies.
- Assists in reviewing technical work involved in electronic health record documentation and maintenance. This includes review of documentation completed by clinicians, nursing staff and support staff as well as maintenance review work performed by Medical Records Unit staff.
- Assists with training and support of transcriptionist's regarding transcription and dictation equipment use and maintenance. Supports clinicians on use of dictation equipment, documentation formats, equipment and upload process troubleshooting.
- Assists with analyzing computer generated exception reports and initiates corrective action to ensure the integrity of patient data in the electronic health record.
- Assists with maintaining scanning equipment and communication with maintenance contractors and software vendors to ensure proper equipment functioning.
- Maintains all inactive and active medical record files, which includes paper and electronic documents.
- Assists in maintaining the Chart Structure Design component of the electronic health record related to document indexing.
- Assists in serving as a resource for clinic staff to coordinate the efficient flow of documents throughout the organization.
- Assists in serving as a resource to the Assistant Director, Finance and Health Information Systems regarding development of productivity standards in the unit.
- Assumes appropriate related additional duties to further the mission of the unit.
• Supports report writing, disease classification and immunization compliance throughout the organization
- Assists in preparing technical reports for requestors utilizing electronic health record, practice management and immunization compliance modules.
- Assists in providing technical support to the Center for Quality regarding report creation/generation.
- Assists in evaluating data needs and producing accurate detailed reports, as requested.
- Assists in assessing all report requests and complies in accordance with institutional policy, standard and procedures.
- Obtains administrative clearance prior to providing HIPAA and or FERPA related data to internal and external requestors.
- Assists in responding to requests from the Office of the Registrar for confirmation of services provided to students requesting service fee refunds from the University.
- Assists with electronic flu surveillance reporting to the Centers for Disease Control.
- Assists with serving as backup for assignment of procedural and diagnostic codes based on the CPT and ICD Classification Systems, as needed.
- Assists with serving as a back-up to the Management Information Services staff related to immunization compliance, student notification of non-compliance, provider scheduling and flu vaccine documentation.
• Supports MHC's Electronic Health Record System
Physical DemandsStanding : Occasionally Walking : Occasionally Stairs : Occasionally Sitting : Frequently Lifting/Carrying : Occasionally Pushing/Pulling : Rarely Talking : Frequently Hearing : Frequently Repetitive Motions : Occasionally Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination : Occasionally Visual Acuity : Occasionally Working ConditionsPersonal Protective Equipment (PPE) : Occasionally Minimum Qualifications
- Assists with supporting the MIS Project Manager, Medical Records Administrator III and Assistant Director, Finance & Health Information Services with McKinley's electronic health record (EHR), practice management system, patient portal and campus-wide scanning initiatives at McKinley Health Center.
- Assists with continually monitoring and maintaining McKinley's electronic health records system, testing product updates, implementing functional changes recommended by administrative staff; and works to optimize existing modules as well as upgrades.
- Assists in providing system training to all electronic health record system users and providing ongoing EHR support to all users.
- Assists with communication to EHR vendor regarding technical issues, treatment set/ template design issues, vendor updates and implementation of new modules.
- Assists in leading teams to analyze current workflow processes related to appointment scheduling, patient check-in, immunization processing, record documentation and transmission of clinical information.
- Assists in working with teams in changing current workflows to adapt to the new system; properly identifies key workflow issues and assesses improvement opportunities. Facilitates EHR process changes based on workflow change initiatives. In consultation with administrative staff, makes technical changes in the EHR system related to workflow process changes.
- Assists in ensuring adequate oversight of ongoing EHR projects as well as enhancements. This includes ensuring project timelines, agenda development, production/distribution of meeting minutes, completion of procedures and documenting/preparing reports on project status and activities.
- Assists the Medical Records Admin III and administrative staff in designing new workflows to accommodate new software products.
- Assists Medical Records Admin III in collaborating with Medical Record teams to evaluate, adjust, seek consensus on, and implement newly designed workflows, as well as correct inefficiencies in current workflows within Medical Records.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any one of the following from the categories below:
- Four (4) years (48 months) of work experience comparable to the third level of this series.
- Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience comparable to the fourth level of this series.
• Knowledge of McKinley Health Center policies and procedures
• Knowledge of McKinley Health Center clinical processes and procedures
• Knowledge of State and Federal Laws related to PHI, including HIPAA, FERPA, the Mental Health Code, laws regarding AIDS/HIV information and communicable disease reporting.
• Knowledge of Guidelines of the American Health Information Management Association.
• Knowledge of ICD and CPT coding principles.
• Computer, scanning equipment and related software experience.Appointment Information
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 3253 - Office Administrator position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after 4/1/2023. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx . Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on March 28, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact Mason Goforth at email@example.com or 217-333-2590. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Requisition ID
: 1015021 Job Category
: Administrative Apply at: