VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Occupancy/Recertification Clerk
Location: Tremont Terrace - Fort Worth, TX
Hours: 20 hours weekly - Monday - Friday 10am-3pm
Rate of Pay: $13.00 hourly
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Occupancy/Recertification Clerk assists and supports the Property Manager and Housing Director with occupancy and recertification functions. Performs general clerical duties and assists with special projects.
- Receives and processes initial or reactivated applications for housing.
- Interviews applicant to obtain additional information such as family composition, health and social problems, veteran status, rent paying ability, net assets, and need for housing assistance.
- Advises applicant on eligibility requirements, methods of selecting tenants, and housing opportunities.
- Contacts employers, and public and private health and welfare agencies to verify applicant information.
- Provides information to tenant or applicant on availability of community resources for financial or social welfare assistance.
- Determines applicant eligibility according to agency rules and policies.
- Selects and refers eligible applicant to Property Manager.
- Notifies eligible applicant of vacancy and assignment procedures.
- Computes rent in proportion to applicant's income.
- Receives and records security deposit and advance rent from selected applicant.
- Composes and prepares routine correspondence, rental notices, letters, and material for advertisement.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, sorting checks, making copies, etc.
- Assists in preparation for Board meetings or other special projects.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location (which might vary depending client needs) during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
- Promotes an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and is in alignment with the organizational vision.
- Attends all required meetings and trainings.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
- Performs other duties and special assignments as directed.
High school education or equivalent plus two years general office experience.
Valid Texas Drivers' License, clear MVR and ability to be insured. Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Fort Worth, TX Job Type
Admin - Clerical, Customer Service Experience
2 years Date Posted
04/17/2022 Job ID
This job has expired.