Schedules and registers Medical Faculty Associates, Inc. ("MFA") patients while providing effective customer service to all callers. Provides detailed information about the Department of Medicine in addition to general information regarding the entire MFA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization's mission and MFA's iCare values and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Facilitate the timely completion of scheduling and/or administrative requests from the Practice via tasks in EMR (EPIC). 72 hours for Routine Tasks and same-day turnaround for Urgent Tasks.
- Manage new patient referrals and appointments. Obtain all pertinent information to ensure optimal care coordination (medical records, test results, referrals, copays). Ensure that all new patients are well prepared for their first visit.
- Review department schedules to ensure the appropriateness of scheduled appointments and backfill open slots
- Routes calls or messages to appropriate clinical teams for proper triage. Initiates prescription refill requests as needed.
- Schedules, coordinates, and reconciles all clinical telehealth appointments.
- Performs virtual and electronic patient registration and insurance verification.
- Use video-conferencing technologies, telehealth technology, and scheduling software to coordinate and connect staff, resources, patients, and providers in a manner effective to the delivery of services, patient care, education, and training.
- Accurate creation and direction of tasks to the appropriate individual, including admins, teams, providers, etc.
- Perform all registration for new patients and update the registration information for established patients.
- High school graduate or equivalent required; two years of college is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or completion of medical terminology course is desired.
This job has expired.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a medical/healthcare environment, such as a hospital, physician's office, ambulatory clinic, or healthcare call center.
- Experience utilizing a web-based computerized system for scheduling and Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, Word, and Excel, is required.
- Customer service experience is required; high volume contact center experience is desired.
- Must have a working knowledge of insurance, processing prescription requests, referral intake, etc., and possess developed problem-solving skills.