Compensation: LPN $24.37, RN $31.00
PRN On Call Rotation: Additional $750 On Call Bonus
The Nurse LPN/RN Outpatient is part of the person-centered integrated care team and provides office-based specialized services to primary health care patients and assist in managing the patient’s full array of physical health care needs, in addition to behavioral health care needs through a “whole-person” approach.
Two part time nurses and current nurse in Sedalia will rotate Saturday hours for methadone clinic. Saturday hours will be 5:30 am to 11:00 am.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
• Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient’s histories, vital signs, and document in patient chart.
• Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
• Perform venipunctures, urinalysis, EKGs and other procedures as directed.
• Administer immunizations and other injections
• Phone in patient prescriptions and document accordingly
• Provide patient education and instruction
• Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment, including sterilization
• Assist physicians/nurse practitioners in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals
• Assist with the scheduling of tests and treatments
• Screen telephone callers for appropriate referral/triage, relay messages and documents accordingly
• Maintain patients’ files, records, and other information
• Adhere to standard precautions, as appropriate, i.e., use protective barriers, handle and dispose infectious waste appropriately, proper hand washing
• Follow CLIA and OSHA regulations
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of unit facilities and equipment
• Monitor supply of medical stock, medical supplies, and laboratory needs or order supplies when necessary
• Assist in contacting/collaborating medical providers regarding significant health information
• Provide education to patients on medical diseases, treatment, medications, and self-management tools
• Monitor HIT tools and reports for treatment and medication alerts and hospital admissions/discharges and for the purposes of pre-visit planning
• Triage medical questions and requests for medication refills in accordance with agency policies medical provider preferences, and license scope of practice
• Serve as medical/nursing consultant to clinical services staff and persons served
• Contact patients who have been discharged from the Hospital/ED within 3 days to review discharge plans/instructions, medication reconciliation, and assess need for timely follow-up appointment with primary care provider
• Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member
• High School/GED required
• Associate degree in nursing preferred
• At least two (2) years experience as a licensed practical nurse in providing medical nursing treatment to individuals treated in a primary health care setting required
• Experience and efficiency with healthcare technology software preferred
Licensed Practical Nurse required or RN
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.