Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering up to a $4,000 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Nurse (RN) for the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team is responsible for conducting psychiatric assessments; assessing physical health needs; making appropriate referrals to community physicians; providing management and administration of medication in conjunction with the psychiatrist; providing a range of treatment, rehabilitation and support services for individuals in Assertive Community Treatment services.
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is a way of providing many types of service to people with chronic mental health disorders. ACT teams provide services directly to people in their community. People who get ACT services receive the wrap-around psychiatric services, but within the comfort of their own home and community. ACT team members are trained in the areas of psychiatry, social work, nursing, substance use disorders, and supported employment so they have the skills they need to meet the many needs of the people they serve. The ACT team provides these services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, each day of the year.
• Collaborate with the client and treatment team in developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and plans; providing individual supportive therapy and symptom management, ensuring immediate changes are made in the treatment plans as clients' needs change, educating and supporting clients' families, and advocating for clients' rights and preferences.
• Under direction of the team psychiatrist organize and manage the system of getting medication to clients and integrating medication administration tightly into clients' individual treatment plans. Take the lead role or participate in providing medication administration and medical services.
• Provide education, training, and coaching on medications, mental illnesses, and co-occurring health illnesses to clients and ACT
• Participate in and conduct parts of the client-centered comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status and diagnosis, physical and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living; and family structure and relationships.
• Attend daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings, and weekly supervision.
• Complete all required documentation, according to agency policy, which includes but is not limited to: Comprehensive Assessments, Progress Notes, Individualized Treatment Plans, Personal Safety Plans, and Authorizations of Disclosure.
• Provide on-call crisis intervention covering nighttime, evening and weekend hours.
• Accompany clients, when necessary, to medical appointments to assist with communication and understanding of client's illness, medication, and/or procedures.
• Work to help complete prior authorizations and coordinate medical appointments.
• Consult with ACT team regarding client health and medication issues.
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in nursing required
Experience in an inpatient or outpatient psychiatric setting required
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: RN, licensed in Missouri required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 1 hour ago
Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago