Compensation: $74,235.20 annually
Assumes 24-hour accountability for assigned unit. Maintains standards of Professional Nursing Practice. Acts as an interdisciplinary team member responsible for overall coordination of care and services delivered to clients. Works collaboratively with members of the health care team and provides patient/family education. Demonstrates competency to provide age appropriate care to preadolescents (3-12), adolescents (13-17), adults 18 and older including geriatrics. This job is classified as Category I and may involve tasks with exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
In the absence of nurse volunteers, prn nurses, flex team nurses secured by reasonable efforts or contracted temporary agency staff and if qualified reassignments cannot be made, the hospital may require mandated overtime to fulfill obligations based on the Missouri Nurse Practice Act to perform patient care which is required.
• Requires leadership and team skills
• Assumes 24-hour accountability for nursing care to assigned unit
• Requires effective verbal, written and nonverbal communication skills
• Possess cognitive, organizational and emotional ability and maturity to deal effectively with multiple stressors, deadlines and difficult situations
• Provide direct patient care to assigned age groups
• Requires working with physically aggressive patients; participates in physical intervention techniques
• Requires bending, lifting and transporting patients
• Acts as a Preceptor and educator to new employees
• Participates in mandatory overtime per nursing protocol
• Participates in the hospital Continuous Quality Improvement Program
• Attends 52 hours of continuing education per year
• Serves as a member of assigned committees
• Physical strength, agility and endurance for heavy lifting, moving patients and equipment
• Demonstrates skills required for a registered nurse within scope of practice
• Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – COMPANY WIDE
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team Oriented and Values Diversity
• Oversee day to day operations and tasks of supervisees
• Complete performance development/AIM process
• Timecard Management – Manages time sheets
• Ensures progress and development is made toward departmental strategic plan goals
• Associate’s degree in nursing required
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
• At least one year of psychiatric nursing experience required
• Education and training in Infection Control practices including knowledge of epidemiological principles required
RN valid in Missouri required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!