CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company dedicated to advancing the noble work of agriculture and construction workers. Driven by our shared purpose of Breaking New Ground, we're passionate about bringing Innovation, Sustainability, and Productivity to all that we do. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 37,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world through our core brands: Case IH, STEYR, New Holland Agriculture, CASE, and New Holland Construction.
The basic function of the NVH (Noise / Vibration / Harshness) / Mission Data Test Engineer is to plan, conduct, and document functional, performance, and durability evaluations related to NVH (Noise / Vibration / Harshness) in support of Large & Compact AG Tractor Product Development.
The position will be moved to the Racine, WI location. Interim coverage will need to be provided to the Burr Ridge facility with paid travel until the move is complete. Candidates who live 50 plus miles from the Racine location would be eligible for relocation assistance.
As an NVH (Noise / Vibration / Harshness) and Mission Data Test Engineer you will:
- Demonstrate competency of NVH principles/practices & mission data development and use these techniques to solve problems & execute development/test plans.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of project stakeholders to define project scopes, targets, test/analysis plans and areas of interest. Validate new product designs as well as solve current product issues. Answer the unknowns, assess risk, and estimate timing.
- Assist with creation/modification of test procedures & development methodologies of assigned sub-systems. Collaborate with teams to define & develop new procedures as innovation drives new areas of testing. Align test procedures with the Design Analysis team to improve correlation of physical and virtual test results. Ensure clear instructions and comparable historical results are documented for future use.
- Select, calibrate, and install the correct instrumentation (accelerometers, microphones, pressure transducers, speed sensors, etc.) while ensuring all information required will be covered and there is integrity in the data. Prepare the data acquisition equipment (LMS Test.Lab, LMS Scadas XS, Dewesoft, eDAQ), write drive scripts to automate sequences/cycles as needed.
- Perform tests on components, sub-systems and/or full vehicle. Examples of tests include overall operator sound evaluations, sound source investigations, component vibration limits calculations, suspension optimization/ride quality metrics, and shift quality assessments.
- Collect and analyze data. Utilize software processing tools (LMS Test.Lab, nCode GlyphWorks, MATLAB, Dewesoft) to identify trends or issues and gauge performance. Confirm whether the systems under test meet internal specifications, external legal/safety requirements, and our customers' expectations.
- Perform frequency analysis, modal analysis/mode shapes, order tracking of rotating machinery, transfer path analysis, and source identification. Measure sound quality/power/pressure and acoustic transmission/radiation. Work with Product Engineering on acoustic mitigation and acoustic material applications.
- Document results by crafting effective and formal technical reports. Present your findings to the project stakeholders. Drive discussion, recommend solutions, lobby for changes if needed, and coordinate next steps. Document non-conformance and follow-up on the status of changes. Confirm issues are resolved through proposed design/process changes or supplier quality corrective action.
- Develop mission profiles for duty cycle development and test stand loading requirements; travel to remote field locations to collect data during key application seasons.
- Maintain and communicate current issue status on a particular project, alert management to significant issues or roadblocks.
- Provide proactive support for quality and reliability investigations into current product issues to identify failure modes, root cause analysis, suggested fixes.
- Track down and troubleshoot problems. Enlist subject matter experts when needed to aid in identifying root-cause and corrective action.
- Benchmark competitive equipment, confirming our product lines place us in a "best in class" position. Identify areas of improvement and quantify the gaps.
- Identify needed tools and support creation of capital expenditure proposals with proper justification/payback. Participate in design reviews, DFMEA's, and other project definition activities based on your technical understanding of our product and how it should function for the end customer.
- Support metrology activities on data acquisition equipment as required. Coordinate calibration of NVH instruments.
- Perform other test activities unrelated to NVH as required.
- This position pays $71,000 to $102,000 (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Agricultural, or other related engineering discipline.
- 2 plus years' relevant product development / engineering experience
- 1 plus years' experience utilizing NVH test instrumentation (microphones, accelerometers, etc.) with data acquisition tools (LMS SCADAS, DEWEsoft, eDAQ, SQuadriga, or similar).
- 1 plus years' experience with sound/vibration signal processing and sound quality analysis using Test.lab, ArtemiS or similar.
: We offer competitive compensation with multiple benefit (medical/dental/vision) options to meet your individual needs. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include: paid parental leave, life insurance, volunteer time off and much more!EEO
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
This job has expired.