VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Full Time
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Navigator will be responsible for supporting activities necessary to successfully assist with providing community resources to clients and supporting department goals. Specifically, providing state and public benefits assistance to qualified candidates, network and build relationships with community partners, and access additional social service resources to bridge the gap of financial stability. The Navigator will be responsible for assessing applications, handling client documents, collecting information, entering data, and ensure compliance with United Way Second Century Vision expectations for Navigation services.
- Provide technology trouble-shooting and support for FOC clients.
- Remain up to date on available technology resources.
- Work with digital literacy curriculum and instructor to individualized support provide training and support.
- Assist clients to access, apply for, and obtain services, and programs
- Increase awareness to the local community through education regarding program and policy requirements
- Inform and educate clients on program benefits via different approved communication methods e.g., in person, over the phone, virtually, or through email
- Communicate with appropriate parties on verification issues
- Develops and maintains good communication about work activities with management and staff
- Prepare and submit reports as required
- Maintains accurate standardized customer records in accordance with guidelines and participates in the peer review process
- Conducts client follow up and accountability calls to ensure that tasks are completed.
- Assists with navigation to other services through warm and regular referrals to other providers and conducts follow up
- Works to ensure placements are completed
- Complies with and meets departmental goals and objectives
- Represents Volunteers of America Texas at community functions as required
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree and/or five to 10 years' experience working in areas of outreach, advocacy and/or social services.
- A Texas Drivers License is required and the ability to be insured.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Spring, TX Job Type
5 to 10 years Date Posted
04/23/2022 Job ID
This job has expired.